March 29, 2013

Spoiled Mutt

Master accuses me of spoiling our dog. He's four years old now. We got him when he was 1. And I'll admit that when we first came home I went completely overboard. However, I did that because I had no idea what he would like. So I came home with like eight different toys, five different kinds of treats, and of course the necessities. Dog bowl, new collar, etc.

Since then we have of course learned what the pup likes. He's our 80lbs lap dog. If he can try to find a way to curl up on you somehow, trust me he'll do it. Granted he'll be crushing you a little bit while he does it, but hey... that's what happens when large dogs think they are small.

Anyway, I had some errands to run today. One of them was running to the pet store in order to get new litter for our three rabbits.

While I was there I browsed a bit but didn't see anything else we needed. We get the bunny food from another store and the pup already had treats. So I went to the check out line. While I am standing there they have those impulse buy items. The line was a little long so I look a little bit. I normally don't do that. But for whatever reason I did.

That's when I saw it.

I kind of have matching accessories for our dog. He is black, white and caramel brown. The caramel brown is mainly just small highlights here and there.

So, his leash is black. And his harness and collar are black with small white jolly rogers all over them. I think it looks fucking awesome!

So what do I see today? A dog tag that has a jolly roger on it. It is one of those dog tags where you pay for it and then go to a little machine in the store to get it engraved right then and there. The dog tag he currently had is a blue bone. I decided to go ahead and get the jolly roger one.

I checked out and then went over to the little machine. Once that was done I left and went home.

After I got settled I showed Master the new tag. He rolled His eyes at me and kind of smirked. It's not that He doesn't like it. He just commented on how I spoil the mutt and that there was nothing wrong with his current tag. He knows exactly what I bought it. Because I thought it was awesome. So He put it on the pup's collar.

He then said that I should gotten him a new collar too because the jolly rogers on his collar are wearing off. So a little later in the afternoon we took the pup and went down to the store. Unfortunately they didn't have it in his size. So instead we bought a new leash. Since spring is coming up we decided to change his current leash to the one he is tethered with outside and buy a new one for walks and going outside.

At least it wasn't a wasted trip. After we got home I decided to "fix" the tags a bit. I wanted them in a different order and all on one ring instead of two. Yes, I know I'm weird. But hey, the dog is styling so what do I care? *laughs*

At least I get him interesting stuff that is practical. A dog tag, a leash, a harness, things of that nature. I don't buy little doggy clothes or anything like that. He does have two bandanas but Master wanted them. We do plan on getting him a backpack for this summer. One that can go under his harness. But that will be practical too. He can wear it when we take walks and carry bottled water in it. It'll give him more exercise and make him feel like he has a "job" while we walk him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not from an english speaking country so I had to look up what's a Jolly Rogers... OMG, it's SO kickass! Your dog is the styliest dog EVER!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* Thank you very much! I though it was pretty awesome. We get some weird looks sometimes, especially if it's just the dog and I. A 5ft1 girl walking an 80lbs dog that is "dressed" in all black with jolly rogers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete