March 6, 2013

Appointment for the Pup

It's about that time of year again. Our dog recently turned four years old and we got his yearly check up reminder in the mail today. However, along with that reminder it informed us that the vet we have been taking him to has changed owners. Apparently one of the vets is still there but the other one has left. And we're not sure if the one that stayed is the one we really liked. Such things always make me a little leery. I don't like the idea of new doctors or new vets. After all, our dog is a part of our family and so his health is very important to me as is the way he is treated by his vet. I like a vet with a good bedside manner so to speak. I don't like cold doctors and I don't like cold vets. They may be just as good at their jobs but it their bedside manner comes off as uncaring. I don't like that at all.

And with that vet you can make an appointment but you can't dictate which vet you want. It's a very small vet office and so you take whichever vet is there and available. After all it's just the two.

I called down there today to check on prices. Since they changed owners I wanted to see if their prices had changed. And sure as shit they did. It went up.

I talked with Master about it and He said to call around to check on prices at other vets. After all it might as well be like if the vet were new anyway. With new owners in place, who knows what else they changed with their prices.

So I called around. And honestly it seems that the vet we are currently going to is the cheapest. I called Master back and told Him. He said to just go ahead and make the appointment then. So I did. It's for the middle of April. The pup isn't due for anything until April anyway.

I just really hope two things. I hope that the vet we liked stayed. And I hope whoever the new owner is they pretty much keep things how they were.

So in about a month the pup will be getting his distemper shot, a heart worm test, and a physical exam. Thankfully he doesn't need his rabies shot for another year. I made sure I had the day off of work for the vet appointment. I know Master can handle it but I prefer being there, especially since I want to know how the vet office works now and make sure it's still the kind of vet we want to go to.

I trust Master with those things completely. I don't need to be there. The pup's health is as important to Him as it is to me. But I just want to see it and experience it for myself. Also, since we'll both be there we can talk about it afterward without my having to as 101 questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment