December 20, 2010

Year By Year

Every year, as I get older, the holiday season seem to bring more stress than joy. Trying to figure out when we're going to who's house, trying to decide how much we have in the budget to get who what gift. Trying to figure out how much Tylenol we're going to need on Sunday when it's all said and done.

This year was not as bad as last year. Last year I remember counting change in order to buy presents. It was not fun.

This year is a bit better. Last year I couldn't afford to get Master very much, and I felt horrible about it. No, we're not Christians, and we're not Catholic. But I still enjoy buying my Husband something for the holidays. I don't know, it just feels weird to be buying other people stuff and not get Him anything. After all He's my Husband. I love Him very much, and so I like to make Him happy. He's not a materialistic person, but it's not like He hates getting presents or anything.

This year, He was the first person I bought a present for. Some of you may have read the post where I detailed how I pulled that one off. And while it wasn't much of a surprise since He knew that was what I was getting Him, He was still very excited to get it. And thankfully it's one of the very few games that came out this year that He actually enjoys. Bonus there.

I guess I wanted to make sure I bought something for Him first since 1) I knew exactly what He wanted, and 2) I wouldn't have to worry about possibly not having the money later.

And no, it wasn't given on Christmas, obviously. But I told Him it was His Christmas present, and He was very happy about it.

There were a few people this year that I didn't want to buy presents for, but did anyway so I wouldn't hear anyone bitching. One was my father's girlfriend. I hate her. And so does Master. But I knew that if we didn't get her anything my father was going to be livid. So hello dollar store! (Shush. It works, and they won't even be able to tell it's from the dollar store anyway.) And then there is my youngest nephew. Yes, that makes me sound like a terrible aunt doesn't it?

My eldest nephew is a pretty good kid, but he doesn't really know me since he is normally with his mother rather than my brother, or he is napping when I'm there, or he is just about the head out the door. Like I said he's a good kid, and honestly I didn't mind getting him something.

It's that other nephew of mine. The demon spawn. The one that I keep telling my brother needs to start being disciplined or he'll end up in military school or in juvenile detention. (You know, the jail they keep younger kids at when they aren't tried as adults in a court of law.)

He is a little shit who pretty much gets to do what he wants because he's the baby. Well actually he's 2, but you get the point. And because of this little monster my eldest nephew gets put on the back burner a lot. I remember what that feels like. When I was growing up, because my brother had so many health problems and/or attitude problems, I was often put on the back burner or expected to watch out for him when his fat mouth got him in trouble.

I feel bad for my eldest nephew. So like I said I didn't mind getting him a gift. But the youngest? Oh man, I did not want to buy him a damn thing. Because neither his mother, or my brother, discipline the child sometimes I do it when I'm there. I don't beat his ass or anything. But I put him in time outs, or I hold him still when he's having a tantrum and wants to do whatever the hell he wants to do. And my brother glares at me. Oh how he glares. And I tell him I wouldn't have to do it if he would.

Master has taken to telling me that I should just leave it be when I see him. And I'm getting better at that. I just glare at my brother, or I sigh heavily, or I straight out tell my brother to handle his son before I do. That normally works.

So yeah. Like I said, there were a few people. The hardest one was that cunt of a girlfriend that happens to be sucking the life force out of my father currently. I just want to shake my father until his bald spot gets bigger while screaming at him that he's a fucking moron and he should know better at his age.

But we've all made bad choices. I thankfully got mine out of the way in my teenage/early adult years. My father apparently decided to wait until he was almost 50.

So yeah. The holidays are upon us. Oh the joy and rapture. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the people we'll be visiting, but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment