December 10, 2010

It's Been a Good Friday

It's been a pretty good Friday, thankfully. I went to work for a whopping four hours and those four hours flew by which was awesome. It's the first time in about a month that I can remember seeing the sun when I got out of work. It helps leaving at noon rather than damn near 5pm though.

The ride home was fast as well, as there wasn't a lot of traffic. I got home and talked with Master for a little bit. I only got to be home for a half hour before I had to head back out the door again though. I had an appointment with Dr. L today and I didn't want to be late.

Well, while I was walking out the door Master was on the computer, and had His back to me as we had already said goodbye. I was being sneaky as I had a surprise planned for Him. I snatched His wallet out of His pants pocket (He wasn't wearing the pants, they were on the floor as He is generally naked at home which I love), opened it, grabbed His rewards/discount card for Game Stop, and put His wallet back in His pants without Him knowing.

I then went to the bank, pulled out my copay and went to my appointment. The appointment with Dr. L was pretty short. He just wanted to see how I was doing on my medication and write me an actual prescription as I was on the sample pack before. The medication is doing a world of good, and Dr. L seems very pleased with the results so far. One thing I love about Dr. L is that on our first appointment he asked me what I liked to be called. So I told him. (It's a shortened version of my first name, which is why I'm not posting it here.)

And he called me that today without me having to remind him. I'm sure it's in my file (holy hell I have a file at a shrink's office..) but still it was nice. Most people murder my first name anyway the first time or a few times there after, so that's why I prefer the shortened version.

So I happily leave the appointment with a script in my hand and two follow-up appointment reminder cards.

Now it was time to pick up Master's surprise. Well, it wasn't much of a surprise. I had asked Him what He wanted for Christmas, He told me, and I said I would get it for Him. He just didn't know when.

So I went to Game Stop and picked up a game He had on reserve still from November. He was really excited about this game, and had put a little money on it but we just couldn't afford to pay it off and pick it up so it just sat there. Until today. The guys at that store know us pretty well. Sometimes we just go in to look around and what not and talk with the guys who work there about this game or that.

The reason why I swiped Master's Game Stop reward/discount card is because He earns points for every dollar He spends, so this way He got more points to go towards whatever later. The guy behind the counter said, "It's pretty cool that you're getting your Husband a video game for Christmas and want it to be a surprise for Him. Not a lot of wives would do that." I just smiled.

So once that was done I went to Walgreens and filled my prescription. Having health insurance fucking rocks. I got the generic version of the medication I'm on, cause it's cheaper as far as the copay goes. Well when you get a prescription from Walgreens and you have insurance they print on the receipt how much money your insurance saved you. Apparently, my insurance saved me $104. That is not a typo. My copay was $10. So it would have been over $114 without insurance for a 30 day supply. That's fucking insane. I couldn't imagine having to pay that much per month. My insurance premium is much less than that.

While at Walgreens I also convinced the cashier to give me a roll of quarters for my $10 bill. Yay. Laundry money.

Finally I got home right before 4pm. I had tucked the game inside my coat so Master wouldn't see it right away. So we talk for a little bit and then I reach into my coat and hand Him the Game Stop bag and His face lit up. It was so worth it just for that reaction. He lovingly called me a sneaky bitch. So I said, "Do You want to know how sneaky I am?" He raised His eyebrow. So I reached into my purse, and handed Him the Game Stop reward/discount card and He was like, "When the hell did you get that?" So I told Him and He just laughed.

It's not often I can sneak shit past Him, so when I do.. it's awesome.

I took my coat off and got undressed. I'm finally relaxing and SS sends me a text message asking us what we're doing tonight.

So we get on the phone with her and her kids are driving her insane (so much drama.. it's just unbelievable what her eldest is putting her through) and she needs to get out of the house. So we go out to dinner with her and had a great time.

She was acting like she wanted to come hang out at our place, but I knew if we said yes she wouldn't leave until like three in the morning, so we gently brushed that idea under the rug and said we'd see her again soon.

Now Master and I are home. I just now started laundry cause SS called and wanted to get together. The up side to that is no one else is doing laundry right now in the complex. But when I went down there I realized that out of the three washers we have down there, only one is working. And one of the broken ones is the brand new one they just put in like two weeks ago.

Then again why they only have three washers for an apartment complex this size, I have no idea.

So I'll probably be doing laundry for quite a while tonight cause of course the dryers down there don't dry everything in one cycle. Oh no. They want more quarters than that. So you have to put them in for like three spins before they are dry.

So like I said, it's been a good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment