December 4, 2010

Clothing

I had e-mailed my mother-in-law stating that I needed some new clothes. Preferably more professional looking clothes. She said she would be more than happy to get me some and they would be my early Christmas present. She asked me kind of what I was looking for and so I told her, along with my sizes. My job allows us to wear casual clothing, but honestly I want to start looking a bit more professional when I'm at work than a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. At least most of the time.

Honestly getting them as my Christmas presents was the whole point of the e-mail. That's normally what she gets me and sometimes it doesn't always quite work out, as I do not always like what she gets me. It's the way of things when people buy you clothes, sometimes they just aren't you. And I'm saying when anyone buys you clothes, not just in-laws. So I figured this time if I told her exactly what I was looking for, it would go better.

Well she bought them last night and had us come down to her place today for me to pick them up. So we went down there. Thankfully the roads were pretty clear, even if our apartment sidewalks and parking lot wasn't. *grumbles*

We got there around 3pm. She showed me what she had bought, and they were all tops. I need some new jeans too but I told her that with jeans it's really best for me to try them on before they are purchased. With pants especially my size can differ quite a bit depending on who makes them and the cut of them. I can be anywhere from a 2 to a 5. It's kinda weird.

When my mother-in-law buys me clothes she always wants me to try them on at her place before we leave, and see me in each piece so she knows they look nice. I may complain about my mother-in-law because she is a very ... dramatic person. But I know she truly does like me a lot, if not love me. She always wants me to look nice. And I can tell that as I'm getting older (I'll be 28 in three months..) she is wanting me to dress more professionally most of the time. Now where I can't see that happening, I wouldn't mind new clothing. Let's face it, we all find the 40 year old women dressing like their teenage daughters to be annoying.

You can still be sexy without having to dress like you're 15. And while I still love my slut gear, I also realize that I can't wear that all the time. I swear if I had the money most of my clothes would be replaced. I'd have all new jeans, I'd have a lot more sexy type tops instead of t-shirts, and I would have several different pairs of heels, along with some more dresses and matching tops and skirts sets.

I've been drooling over the Charlotte Russe selection. I have found quite a few things that I would love to own. But alas, the money just isn't there right now.

Who knows. Maybe I'm maturing a bit more. I don't want to just wear sneakers, jeans and a t-shirt all the time. While I feel I look good in that, I know I always feel sexier when I'm a bit more dressed up. And I think that would drive my Husband wild (in a good way) if I did that more often for no reason at all, even if we're just bumming around.

So my goal is that when I have a little spare cash on hand, to just go out and buy myself a new article of clothing. Piece by piece my wardrobe will improve.

So before I stray a bit too far off, lets go back to when we were at my mother-in-laws house.

I go into her bedroom, and shut the door. Each time I try on one of the new tops, I come out and go into the living room for everyone to see. I distinctly remember a couple times my Husband's eyes lighting up a bit when He saw me in the new tops. That's how I knew I looked good.

Oddly enough He said that His favorite thing out of the whole lot was a black blazer. I thought it was cute, but I've never, in my life, worn a blazer before and I honestly felt a little awkward in it. But Master? He loves it on me.

And you can dress professionally and still look sexy. Not that I want to look sexy for anyone at work, but I want to look sexy for my Husband as He'll see me in it the minute I walk in the door.

Hell, we could even due strip tease type photo shoots with them. ;-) Some of the tops have buttons.

The bad side to me wanting basically an almost entirely new wardrobe? The money aspect. It seems that my tastes in clothing and shoes are getting more expensive as I get older as well. But I'm sure that was bound to happen. I also need more hangers. I'd like all of my clothes (especially once I start buying new ones) to all be hung up. It'll make life easier.

So, I have a goal. To slowly but surely go through my wardrobe and replace damn near everything in it. Oh. And new lingerie too, maybe get rid of some of the older pieces.

This is going to be expensive. But I think if I just buy one or two new pieces of clothing at a time, it'll hurt the wallet a lot less.

One thing I'd love to do is get a bit of extra money and be able to buy a couple new outfits (top, pants/skirt, and heels) at one time. Go to the store, bring Master with me, and do a little modeling for Him and have Him decide which are the best two and buy them, not even thinking about what it's costing. I think that would be wonderful.

It probably won't happen this month, but maybe next month I'll have a little spare cash and be able to buy a few new things.One thing that really amazes me about all this, is that I've never been one of those girls that's all about the clothing. And I'm still not all that big into fashion, but I know what I like. And I think this is just me wanting to break away from the jeans and t-shirt type dress and look as good as possible for my Husband, and for myself, at all times. I also really want to start wearing heels more often. Although I only have two pairs right now (not counting the thigh highs). One of the pair.. well it would not be appropriate in a work environment. They kind of scream "fuck me heels", and it's way too cold to wear them right now as they are completely open. And the other pair? I love them. They are boots with a high heel. But I don't want to wear the same pair every day and they aren't always the most comfortable thing to wear for a 8+ hour day as the heel is kind of high.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go drool more over clothing and heels and add things to my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment