December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Today is Christmas Eve, obviously. So today is the day with Master's family. We didn't go to bed until almost 4 in the morning. So we made sure to set an alarm for noon to make sure we'd be up in time to go down to His mother's.

I decided to wear one of the shirts His mom got me, because I figured that would make her happy. I actually really like the top, which I am honestly surprised about. Not because of the cut of it or anything, but because it's white. And I normally do not like wearing white. But I love this shirt. It's a bit tailored, which I like. I didn't wear heels like I wanted to though because we were going down there early to help my mother-in-law's husband cover the boat. So I had to wear sensible shoes. Heels are not sensible.

So we get down there and we say hi to everyone, and then head out to the boat. I helped with the plastic sheeting and to put the canvas cover on it. I wasn't doing as much as the men were, but I like to think I helped.

We then went back to their place and had dinner. The dinner was great. Master and I were both a little worried that His mom would over glaze the ham, but she didn't. After that we sat around and talked for a little while, before having pie and then opening presents. We had gotten His mom and her husband a holiday canister filled with candy. His mom's has butterscotch candies in it and her husband's has mint chocolates in it. They both seemed very happy about it.

We got gift cards, which was awesome. I honestly wasn't expecting anything because they had already gotten me clothes.

After the gifts were done we all did pictures. There are some really nice ones of me and Master together, sitting on the floor, in front of a mock fireplace. They turned out great. Master of course had to take like three pictures of me just sitting in the recliner.. *giggles*

Master and I don't have a lot of pictures of us together. Mainly because Master is always behind the camera. So about the only time we get ones of us together is on holidays where other people will grab Master's camera and tell us to pose together.

I've tried to convince Master that we should go get professional pictures of us done. Just us as a married couple, none of us separate. I haven't been able to convince Him yet. But I'm hoping to for our upcoming anniversary, as it will mark 8 years together, 4 of which we've been married. And the number 4 holds deep meaning to the both of us. *crosses fingers*

Plus then we can use those as Christmas gifts later in the year, like we did for Christmas the year we were married. Everyone got a picture of us on our wedding day in a nice frame. And both of our families loved it. I just really enjoy pictures of us together, because I want to be able to look at them as the years go by and see us together throughout the years.

Shortly after we were done and we had finished taking pictures and talking a while longer, Master and I headed home. We have been paying attention to Radar, our pup, and just enjoying the down time. Master wants me to dress up for Him later. And He actually plans on using some of the gift card He got tonight to buy me lingerie. Which is kind of funny given who the gift card is from.. But ya know, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment