December 23, 2010

She's Getting High On Revlon

Okay, I'm sure that title doesn't make any sense what so ever unless you know the song "Gasoline" by Seether. I remember when that song first came out, and I loved it. Well today I heard it on the radio, and it inspired a blog post. Odd isn't it?

I wasn't allowed to wear make-up when I was a teenager. My dad had forbidden it. And so that caused two things. One, I never really learned a lot about how to apply make-up. And two, it made me never really want to wear it.

It's not that I wanted to wear a lot of make-up when I was a teenager. Honestly I've never been the type to cake it on, and I'm still not.

The one thing I did do as a teenager was wear really fucked up make-up. Yes, I know I already said that I wasn't allowed to. But I would buy it while out with friends, and then put it on at school, come home and wash it off before my father got home. My mother didn't give a shit, she just thought I was weird. Weird how you ask? Well my favorite thing to do back then was wear silver lipstick and silver eyeliner. Yes, silver. Bright as hell, shiny, silver. And it was awesome. Or sometimes I would take my friends black eyeliner pencils and draw designs around the corner of my eyes. I came up with some weird shit, let me tell you.

So anyway, yes sometimes I wear make-up now. But I have never gone away from three simple basics: 1) Eyeshadow/eye liner. 2) Lipstick. 3) Mascara.

That's it. I never, ever, wear foundation. I think it looks bad on most people, no matter how "little" they are actually using. And I don't see the point of it. If you don't want to see my face without make-up on, then don't fucking look at me.

Master finds me beautiful without make-up. Yes, make-up can enhance your beauty, but that's all you should really use it for. It shouldn't be what makes you beautiful, or what you think makes you beautiful.

I understand vanity. But seriously, you shouldn't have to do your hair, make sure your nail polish is flawless, and put on a bunch of make-up to go to the grocery store. What. The. Fuck.

If I'm just running down to the grocery store, I put on clothes and shoes. That's all the preparation I need.

If Master didn't find me beautiful without make-up I would be devastated, and pretty pissed off all at the same time. I've heard men tell their women to "go put their face on". Um, if her face is removable, you have some serious problems my friend. And it's not her cooking skills, or lack there of.

What's even funnier to me, is that those kind of guys are usually ugly as sin. It's rather interesting.

I understand wanted to enhance your looks, or modify it. Hell I have piercings and tattoos. I've dyed my hair in the past. Yes, I put nail polish on. And I've even had fake nails a time or two.

But I don't have to have any of that to be beautiful. I am beautiful. Why do so many women think they have to have all this crap. I once saw a quote that I couldn't agree with more.

"Fake tan. Fake nails. Fake hair color. A lot of make-up. Bitch, are you sure you weren't made in China?"

When I first saw that I was like, "Exactly!" And yes, I kind of felt a bit like a hypocrite because as I said, I've dyed my hair, and I've had fake nails. But I've never had a fake tan, I wear a minimal amount of make-up when I do wear it, and both times I got my nails done they lasted about three weeks and then I wanted them off. And then I said fuck it, and have just been painting them when I feel like it or Master wants me to. Oh, and now I'm not allowed to dye my hair because of a really bad fuck up where I was trying to have more of a reddish tint to my hair and my hair ended up purple. Yeah. That sucked.

So I guess the point I have to all this, is I don't understand those type of women. Make-up to me should be an enhancement of your looks, not your look entirely.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment