August 20, 2010

Wonderful Friday

Today has been absolutely wonderful. I am so glad that I had the day off of work.

I woke up before my alarm went off, surprisingly. It was only by 20 minutes, but still. I'm a bit surprised. Normally on my days off I try to sleep in as much as possible without letting the whole day slip by. So I was honestly a bit surprised when I woke up at 9:40am.

I took the dog out, ran down to the gas station, stopped by back at home to drop off a couple of things I had picked up at the gas station, and then headed down to my mother's.

When I got there my grandfather was also there, surprisingly. As he's getting older he's become less and less social. He'll be 71 in a matter of two weeks. He's honestly just happy that he's made it this far. He's survived three heart attacks (each of which he drove himself to the hospital for, even though it's at least a half hour drive one day, cause he didn't want to call an ambulance and because he's crazy as hell), two quadruple bypass surgeries, and has diabetes. He's a tough old man.

It was nice to see him. Normally I only see him during major holidays. Like I said, he's not that social anymore. So we talked for a few minutes, and then he headed out. From there my mom and I went to a few stores, and went out to lunch. We had a great time. Then I fixed her font problem on her computer. I left there around 2pm, and came home in a great mood.

Master and I sat in the living room and talked while He played video games, and then had dinner and picked up some alcohol. We don't normally keep alcohol in the apartment, because neither of us drink very often. But tonight was just one of those nights where we both wanted a drink. And buying it at a grocery store is a lot cheaper than going out to a bar. Plus now you can't smoke inside a bar. And being a smoker, when I do actually have a drink I want a cigarette. It's like they go hand in hand. So now that there is a smoking ban in restaurants and bars, I don't really feel like going to bars anymore. Especially when I can drink and smoke at home, and not have to tip anyone.

So I just got out of the bath not that long ago, and Master and I are enjoying our drinks. He has Black Jack Cola (basically a Jack and Coke in a bottle) and I'm trying Jack Daniels Lynchburg Lemonade. I love Mike's Hard Lemonade, and I like Jack Daniels, so when I found out that Jack Daniels makes a lemonade drink I had to try it. It's pretty damn good actually.

It feels like a Saturday though. I'm so glad it's not because that means I have two more days off before another work week begins! Yay for three day weekends! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment