August 14, 2010

Whatever We Feel Like Sort of Day

That's what today has been. Well except for getting the car an oil change that it was over due for. That was the only thing we had to do today. Everything else was basically just us sitting there, figuring out something to do, and then doing it. I've rather enjoyed it.

I got up at 10:30am and took the car in. It took 45 minutes to do an oil change. That I had an appointment for. And I showed up early. And they got my car back there about 5 minutes after I showed up.*sigh* Seriously? It doesn't take that damn long Mr. Mechanic!

I went by myself and sat in the waiting area reading a book that I brought with me. At some point the mechanic came out to the waiting area and told me that they needed to replace the battery on my car. I cocked an eyebrow. My battery light on the dashboard hasn't come on, like.. ever. And the car has been starting up just fine, running just fine, etc. So he asks me if he can get a price quote for me. I said sure.

So he comes back about five minutes later and tells me it would be $105. I wanted to say, "Fuck you very much." But I was afraid he'd take it as an offer, so instead I said, "No thanks. I'll get it done later."

Then his manager walked out of the room, and he looked over his shoulder and then turned back to me and said, "That's okay. You just might want to get it done before winter hits really hard, just to be on the safe side. It's just getting a little weaker is all. No real rush on it." I nodded and said thank you.

My dad use to love tinkering with cars. In fact he worked at a car parts store for most of his life. The only reason he stopped tinkering with cars is the fact that he has a very bad back now.

And he had a lot of friends that were mechanics. I know they will always find something else wrong with your car, especially when it's about 10 years or older. At least all the mechanics who I've met. But that may be because I'm a petite young(ish) woman who they probably think doesn't even know how to check the oil levels in her own car. Now, I'm not saying I'm not going to change the battery before the heart of winter gets here. Because I will. But I'm not going to pay $105.

So then at the end when I get called up to pay. And the mechanic noticed the tattoos on my arms, and said, "Wow you must really like tattoos."

Again I wanted to say, "No. I hate them. These were given to me while I was being tortured, against my will." But this guy had just leveled with me about the battery, so I decided not to be sarcastic and just said, "Yep. That's why I have 11 of them and will be getting more."

So I got back home and Master was still asleep. So I got undressed and crawled back into bed with Him to wake Him up. We spent some time cuddling together as He slowly woke up. It was really nice.

Master took His showed and we just lazed about the living room for a while. I called SS to see if she would want to hang out this evening. I left her a voice mail but she never called me back. The bitch.

So after a couple of hours to see if she would call back or not, Master and I decided to give up on her.

We then went to the bedroom, 69'd for a while (which we hadn't done in... forever) and then I rode Him until we both came hard and collapsed into more cuddling.

We decided to go to the store and I got two new pillows. My old ones were flat and not as comfortable as they use to be. I like big fluffy pillows. So I got the jumbo sized ones and forced them to fit into my pillow cases. They are super soft. I love them.

We ate dinner, talked, and just relaxed the rest of the evening.

I have fallen into the habit of doing one segment of the exercises on the "DVDs" I have on instant queue on Netflix every other night. So I did one tonight and now Master is watching Star Gate and I'm just kind of hanging out on the computer, taking breaks to read for a while.

It's been a great Saturday, and thankfully it's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment