August 6, 2010

Long As Hell Day

It started off with me getting up at 6:10am, as usual on a work day. I got ready for work, took the dog out, and then went to work. It was my half day today, so I was only there for four hours, but holy hell... the drama!

All of it surrounding my old department and V getting herself in pretty big trouble. I can't go into a lot of the details because it would reveal a little more than I would like about my job, but needless to say I'll be surprised if she is there much longer. I mean her supervisor (my old one) was so furious at her, that he was actually screaming at her. That isn't professional I know. But holy hell this bitch deserved it.

Okay so moving along.

About 10 minutes after I got home Master and I pile into the car and head down to my mothers. I did end up having to completely wipe her computer. With our computer it's easy to do. You pop in the recovery disc and you go. Well, my mom owns a Dell (gag) with Windows Vista (gag again). So, it's not that damn simple.

First off, there is no actual recovery disc. Oh no. You have to put in the re-installation disc for your operating system (OS), reboot the computer. Boot the computer from the disc rather than the hard drive, go into the disc, and go into the recovery screen. Select command prompt. Format the hard drive, which takes fucking forever. Restart the computer. Boot from the re-installation disc again and install the OS. Once that was done, I took the disc out, rebooted the computer again to be on the safe side, and then messed with her preference. All of this, I kid you not, took me almost two hours. It was a very slow process.

But my mother was so grateful, that I think she was ready to cry. She's in a rough spot financially and has no idea how to do this kind of stuff on her own and isn't tech savvy enough to be walked through it over the phone. Plus the computer didn't have a warranty anymore, so I would have been the one walking her through it on the phone anyway. So at that point I might as well go down there.

So when Master and I got back home we ate dinner, and have been relaxing the rest of the evening. My mom gave me some pain relieving cream that she thinks might help my shoulders, as they are not any better today than they have been all week.

Hopefully it'll work.

No comments:

Post a Comment