August 7, 2010

Day at the Zoo

Today Master and I got up before our alarm went off. So I turned that off and we started getting ready. It's about an hour drive out to his daughter's house, so we left about 15 minutes early so we could put gas in the car and check the air in the tires.

Once that was done, we were on our way.

We got there a few minutes early, but no one seemed to mind. The traffic wasn't nearly as bad as we thought it was going to be. We picked her up, hopped in the car, and then headed to the county zoo. We had to drop her off at 4pm, instead of 3:30pm, but amazingly it took us that entire time to see everything at the zoo! It didn't seem that large the last two times we were there.

But I think part of it is because we actually went into all the buildings, stopped for food a couple of times (mainly snack type food) and even sat down by a pond there for a little while. Master had brought His camera with and snapped some pictures along the way. Him and His daughter went on the sky lift. They only take two people to a seat, so I stayed on the ground as I didn't want to sit by myself on one of them, or next to a stranger. But I enjoyed myself and just watched some of the animals and then took a picture of them on the sky lift as they were coming back towards me.

I have to say that my favorite exhibits consisted of the tigers (duh) and the aquarium. I could have sat there and watched the sharks glide gracefully through the water for hours. But we didn't spend much time in there, and I didn't want to stray to far from Master and His daughter. His daughter was bouncing back and forth between exhibits quite a bit.

Unfortunately, mainly in the buildings, there were a few times where my claustrophobia kicked up, and I had to quickly walk away before I started to have a panic attack. At those times, I didn't say anything, I just walked to a less crowded part of the building and waited.

I was honestly amazed that we were able to fill the entire afternoon at the zoo. Everyone had a really good time. When we dropped her back off, we gave everyone hugs and then Master and I headed home.

We chilled for an hour or so, and then went out to dinner. Master and I had a lot of fun joking around while we ate. I have recently discovered how much I love the strawberry lemonades at Applebees. Yummy!

When we got home I took my bath and read for a while, then Master allowed me to take an hour nap. Now the only sucky thing is that my neck is bothering me.

My shoulder feels better. My mom had given me some new pain relieving cream that warms up, I think it's made by Tylenol. So earlier today, after we got back from the zoo Master put it on. It felt so damn good. I used to have a prescription strength version of that kind of topical cream that worked wonders. But since I don't got to pain management doctors anymore, I don't have the stuff. I had actually forgotten until today how much that sort of thing can help. After this stuff runs out maybe I'll pick up some Icy Hot or Aspercreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment