August 2, 2010

Great 1st Day

I woke up this morning realizing that today I start my new position at the company I work for. I was excited, and nervous still, naturally.

Once I got to work I stopped being nervous. I do have to admit that learning something completely different at a job you've been working at for almost a year and a half is weird. It's like you know where everything is, but you have no idea what the hell you're doing.

I started off the morning by having a 45 minute conversation with my new supervisor. I like him already. He's very laid back and has said that he doesn't micro manage. He says his philosophy is that we're all adults here, and his only expectations are that we do our job, and tell him if we are overwhelmed or need anything. I think I can handle that.

Then he introduced me to everyone in my new department. I was then introduced to my trainer, and I had to start off my training at her desk since my new computer wasn't set-up completely just yet. But by the time it was time to go to lunch it was ready to go. So I went on my lunch break, clocked back in and continued my day.

Work seemed to fly by. This job is more challenging. There is a lot more to learn, and to remember. I was just so brain dead all day doing my old job. It was the same thing, over, and over, and over again. And I may not be the smartest person on the face of the planet, but for fuck's sake I can do a lot more than that! So I'm glad that I had the guts to go for this new position, and I'm grateful that Master encouraged (pushed?) me to do it.

Before I knew it, it was time to clock out and go home. If I had been doing my other job, it wouldn't have been like that. It hasn't been like that in many, many months. I would say almost a year.

When I got home Master had a surprise for me. He bought me "American Gods" and "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman. I love these books and haven't owned copies of them for a few years now. He told me that they were promotion presents and that He was very proud of me. We then decided to splurge a little bit, and to celebrate by going out to dinner, which was a lot of fun.

I told Master about my day, and I told Him about how I pissed off V... *smirks*

You see, I had to walk by my old department to get to the storage area of the building because I had a broken 10-key calculator sitting at my new desk left over from the last person who sat there. So I had to put it back in the storage room so it could be written off, and a new one be ordered.

Well as I was walking back to my new desk, one of my coworkers who is still in that department stopped me to ask how the training was going. While I was talking to her, V saw me (she was sitting in her cubicle) and very rudely told me to come over by her. So I told her to wait a damn minute, and continued talking to this other person. When I was done talking, I went over to V's desk and asked what she wanted.

She immediately started complaining about the person who took over my old position. She was saying how it wasn't fair that she had to put her work aside to help the new girl. I couldn't help but giggle at that. I mean did those words seriously just come out of her mouth? Yes. I believe they did.

So I simply said that she has to remember that this person is brand spanking new to this job, has never done it before, and that it would take time for her to learn all that she needed to. I then continued, blowing right past her when she tried to talk and said, "Plus how many times did I have to help with your work, and you've been here two years?" She shot me a nasty ass look.

Like I told Master, I think she's just pissed because she doesn't have anyone to carry her anymore, and she knows it. Plus this also means that if she doesn't keep up with her own work, there will be no one to make it up for her, and that will be noticed. And quickly.

I feel no sympathy for this woman. She's going through a divorce, and is a single mother now, but with those things going on, you would think she'd want to work as much as possible. To me that would mean you have to make more money to keep a float. I don't know how many times I've told Master that if I worked as little as she did (hours per week, and productivity wise) we wouldn't have a roof over our heads or food in our stomachs, let alone money to put gas in the car.

I do have to say that if felt really damn good to say that to V. Like. Really. Fucking. Good.

I walked away with a nice smile on my face, and a thumbs up from the coworker who overheard me saying these things.

Master and I, once we got home from dinner, watched "The Hunted" with Tommy Lee Jones. It's a really good movie! If you haven't seen it, you should!

I then took my bath and put on something nice for Master. Now? It's time to just relax. My neck and shoulders and upset with me at the moment due to my having to be kind of hunched over and crunched in at my desk, because my trainer has to sit right next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment