August 28, 2010

Bumming Around Kind Of Day

I got up a little before 10 am today, which kind of surprised me since I had my alarm set for 10am. It's rare for me to get up before the alarm goes off to be perfectly honest.

So I got up, got dressed, took the dog out and then headed to the gas station. I figured Master would be awake before I got back so I got Him a pack of cigarettes and a sandwich, came back to the apartment, dropped those off, left Him a note and then headed back out.

I had to renew my vehicle registration, and of course those bastards only take cash or check, so first I had to stop at the ATM. Due to construction what should have been a 15 minute drive turned into a half hour to get to the emission test station. Thankfully I got there early enough that the line wasn't that bad, and within five minutes my car was being tested. It passed, and I pulled around to the office so I could go inside and get my stupid $75 sticker that goes on the back license plate. Well it was supposed to be $75. But apparently they charge a $10 over the counter fee. *grumbles* So I paid $85, and just can't wait to do it all over again next year. *rolls eyes*

I got back home around 11:30am and Master was amazingly still sleep. Honestly I was a bit shocked by that. Unless we're both sleeping in really late, He's normally up at a rather early hour, even on the weekends. That is, unless He's sick.

So I got undressed, climbed into bed next to Him and nuzzled and kissed Him awake. He was surprised by the hour at well, and seems to be feeling fine.

He took His shower and then gathered His clothes up so I could do His laundry. I talked to my mother for a little while, and I told her I was proud of her since she laid into my 25 yo baby brother because he's acting like a complete asshole while she's supporting his ass. I wanted to applaud her. She doesn't want me or my Husband to lay into him because she thinks it'll just cause more problems for her, although we have both been chomping at the bit for that.

So I was glad that she finally did it.

Then Master and I decided to alleviate our boredom by turning today into a Radar day! Radar is our dog. Here are some pictures of him, because I'm not sure if I ever posted one on here or not:

[gallery link="file" columns="2" orderby="ID"]



He's our pup, and we love him.

So we took him to two different pet stores so he could socialize for a while. He got to meet two different dogs. One he seemed to really like, it was a very young.. I'd say about three months old... Great Dane puppy. Absolutely fucking adorable!

While at that pet store we got him some wheat free treats, and a new water bowl. He had two medium size ones in the kitchen, but he only ever drank out of the one (I have no idea why) and lately we've been filling the other one about three or four times a day. So instead of two, one of which he wouldn't drink out of, we decided to get him a huge one. Seriously. It's enormous.

He will only eat if he can see us, so we have a food bowl attached to his crate, which we keep in the living room. That way (since we're almost always in the living room if we're awake) he can see us and feel comfortable enough to eat. That bowl was a good size, and didn't need to be replaced.

Then we went to the second pet store, and he got more treats and a treat dispensing toy. He met a very large 9 month mastiff mix. This dog is going to grow up to be a horse.

Radar wasn't too sure about this dog, but they played for a little bit (while on leashes, obviously) and when Master said it was time to go Radar started barking at the mastiff mix, as if to say, "Come over here and play more! My Dad is dragging me away from my fun!"

We all headed home shortly after that. Master and I went out to dinner, and when we came back we gave Radar his new treat dispensing toy. Guess how long it lasted before he tore a piece off? Yeah. 10 minutes, if that.

So I threw it out. He enjoyed it for a little while and looked at me as I threw it away like, "But Mom! That's my toy!" Poor pup.

Thankfully he likes his new water bowl. His old ones were thrown out.

Master and I have been enjoying our evening together, and I'm so glad that we got out the house with the puppy. I think it helped Master too, since He's been feeling cooped up lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment