August 25, 2010

Slow Day At Work

Seriously, today fucking dragged ass. It wasn't really that bad, and nothing like my old department. It was just simply that I didn't have a lot to do. We are going through a some what slow period in my new department. And since I am still in training, and don't know how to do everything just yet, I have even less to do.

But I got through it, obviously. *smiles*

Tomorrow at work we are having a fire drill. *blinks* Seriously? It immediately made me think of grade school where they did fire drills so all the kids would know how to get out of the building safely. But come on now. We're all adults. And it's not like we even have an exit stradegy. Our exit stradegy is basically this:

"Get out the door closest to you as long as it's not on fire. If it is on fire, find a different fucking door, jackass. If you can't safely get to the door, pick up a chair and break a god damn window. Then, once you have finally made it outside, and if you're not dying from inhaling to much smoke, then we all meet in such-and-such a corner of the parking lot. If that is still to close to the building to be safe, depending on the size of the fire, then go to the bar across the street. And just in case you are stupid enough to want to go back in the building for something, we won't let you. You dumb ass."

Yes you read that right. If we can't be safe in our parking lot, then we are all to meet up in the bar across the street. If that does ever happen, I have a feeling some people are going to be throwing their own personal happy hour. And of course we'd still be on the clock.. *giggles*

"Uh yeah, my job is currently burning to the ground. Like, literally. Get me a mother fucking Jack and Coke!"

So yeah. As I'm sure you can tell, I found that endlessly amusing.

I'm still greatly enjoying my job. I am so glad that Master pushed me to apply for the transfer.

Also, the past few days I've been feeling more "up", so that's a great feeling.

I wore make-up to work for the first time today. I only wore eyeshadow. I didn't want to wear anything else with it, but I think it looked nice. And it was a toned down color. A few people commented on it, and said I looked nice. In fact at first they seemed in shock, like they didn't think I ever wore make-up. Oh, if they only knew how I sometimes dress... *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment