April 5, 2010

Last Day of Freedom

I had taken today off of work about a month ago. I'm glad that I did, because I got an extra day with Master and with Radar.

The only down side to today was that when I was taking Radar outside to go potty, I tripped (yes I'm a klutz) and skinned my knees. Thankfully Radar stopped immediatley and didn't try to pull or anything. I was impressed.

His tummy is doing better! Yay!

We also went out and bought the largest crate we could find to put Radar in for when we're not home. We put his blanket in there along with a few of his toys. We tested him with it by putting him in it and leaving the apartment, and standing outside for about 10 minutes. Then we came back in. He had been laying down nicely when we walked in and when we let him out we gave him a lot of praise.

We didn't crate train Ghost. Ghost was put in our bedroom with the door shut when we left. But with Radar, we're not sure if he'd try tearing stuff up in there or not. He hasn't destroyed anything since that first night he was here honestly, but we'd rather not take the chance. Plus I think it'll help him with any separation anxiety when we leave. The humane society told us he suffered from that a bit. So when we leave the apartment he'll be put in his crate (it's enormous, Master could easily fit in there and He's 6ft4) and we'll turn on the radio for him. We'll of course start off small, like trips to the gas station and then work our way up from there.

So as with most of this past weekend today was focused on Radar and Master and I just relaxing and enjoying our time together.

At least this week will only be a four day work week. Plus Radar has to get used to me leaving for that long. It's as good a time as any.

Switching back to getting to bed at a half way decent time and getting up before dawn is going to suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment