April 18, 2010

Feeding Off One Another

Today Master was not in the best of moods. I know He was hoping that the place that He interviewed at twice would have called Him back by now. I did remind Him that they said either the end of this past week or the beginning of this upcoming week.

But I know how He feels. Whenever I interviewed for a job I was on pins and needles waiting to hear back. And I would be irritable until I did hear from them.

The bad thing is that when either Master or myself get into moods like that the other responds in kind. That is until someone breaks the cycle. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's Him, and sometimes we do it at the same time.

Today was no exception.

He was in a bad mood and eventually I slumped into one as well.

But today was one of those times where we both tried to pull ourselves, as well as each other, out of it at the same time.

I walked up to Him and kissed His forehead, and He cupped my face and kissed me and said He was sorry. He explained that He was just wanting to hear back from that job. I hope He does as well.

It's never easy, especially after two interviews with said company, to wait patiently to know if you got the job or not.

I remember one time I had three interviews with one company, so I figured I was a sure thing by that point, but after a week I still hadn't heard anything back so I eventually called them and I hadn't gotten the job. That pissed me off.

But I hope the results are different for Master. I hope He gets this job. I know just sitting around the apartment and doing errands and what not is driving Him crazy. Especially now that it's slowly but surely getting nicer out.

So here is hoping that this job works out for Him. I hope He gets a call soon!

I know companies are trying to watch out for themselves, but they seriously need to realize how much they are affecting peoples lives when they keep them waiting and wondering.

It also doesn't help that I am waiting on my 1 year review at work. It's been almost a month now, and we could really use the extra money. I know it won't be much but even with a 3% bump it's something.

We're in a bit of a financial crunch right now. And yes, getting Radar set us back more than we first expected. However, having animals around us is something that we just simply can't live without. And Radar needed saving. He needed a good home. And we have given him that. It's not that we can't afford him. We can.

It's just the initial expenses is all. Leash, collar, crate, food and water bowls, first set of vaccinations, etc and so on. We're really fine, it just feels like a bit of a crunch.

Radar is doing well. He just doesn't know a lot of commands right now and he still has separation anxiety. But we're working with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment