April 28, 2010

Victim Of My Own Success

Today when I got into work I noticed that V (the coworker I constantly bitch about) was not at her's. Great. So I log in and see an e-mail stating that she will be in later in the morning. Okay cool, I can handle that.

But then it takes the IT guys an hour and a half to get her e-mails to go to me. Her entire work load is sent via e-mail... so I couldn't do a bit of it for that time period. Suckage.

And her work load is based on a two hour time span. You have to have "X" amount done in two hours, deliver it, go back and crank out the next batch, repeat. So this was not good.

Finally when that was all sorted out, I realized that there was no fucking way I was getting the first batch of work done in time. So my trainer helped me for one hour. After that I was on my own again. I kept glancing at the clock waiting for V to finally walk in. I had my own work to do, ya know!

But then right before noon (technically the end of morning) apparently she had called again because another e-mail was sent out stating that she wouldn't be in at all today. *growls*

I was so busy today that by the time I finally clocked out I had to constantly massage my hands because they hurt. The ride downtown, where MZ was dropping me off so Master could pick me up, took fucking forever.

My hands were finally starting to feel better by the time I got into our car. We dropped off AM and on the ride to drop him off we all talked about how it's not fair that V gets away with everything she does. Every time she's pulls some stunt like this (keep in mind she's been out of "approved time off" since January and has taken about five days off since then) I think "This has to be the final straw."

But then the next day she comes in and everyone acts like nothing happened. Our trainer doesn't mention it to her, our supervisor doesn't call her into his office, HR doesn't call her into her office.. etc.

But I know damn well that if I were to pull something like that I'd be out on my ass with a nice pink slip shoved up it. And it's not a seniority thing. V has only been at this job a total of 6 months longer than I have been. So you can't tell me she has won that much pull in that short period of time.

After AM was dropped off Master and Radar got out of the car and I ran out to pick up Tylenol, Benadryl, light bulbs and something for dinner.

Once I got home we ate dinner, relaxed, I took a bath, and I am just now starting to feel like I'm relaxing a bit. I've been tense as hell since I realized I was stuck with both my workload and V's again all day.

Not only that but people kept stopping by my desk to ask questions and have me help them find information they needed. I wanted to look at them and go, "Does it look like I'm busy? Yes? Well then fuck off!"

I normally wouldn't have that reaction but the information they wanted was right under their damn nose! Stupidity is a quick way to piss me off.

But I didn't. I smiled, and I helped, and I still pulled off V's job and 90% of mine by the time I clocked out for the day.

I need a fucking raise.

Master always tells me I'm a victim of my own success. No matter where I work, eventually I prove that I can handle a fuck ton, and so they just nod and pat me on the head whenever I get stressed, telling me I'll do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment