June 15, 2009

Monday Confusion

Today has been a day of confusion. Not with my job, my job is going smoothly still.

However, Master's job has been a subject that is causing more and more confusion.

His schedule is kicking His tail. It's highly erratic. And we're trying to figure out how the hell He's going to find a different job, when He doesn't have a schedule to speak of and there for can't schedule interviews without leaving early, coming in late, or taking the day off (for instance if He schedules more than one in a day).

They still have not let Him leave work early so He can renew His driver's license. It expires Wednesday. He brought up the fact that if it expires He won't be able to drive to work, or drive any of the work pick up trucks to one of His supervisors today and they said that He should do it on His own time. So He said that He can't, since He starts work before the DMV opens and by the time He gets out of work they are either closed, or will be by the time He gets there. There was no reply, the supervisor just walked away, ya know.. cause he's a dill hole.

At one point today, before my lunch break Master called me and said, "Guess what they are having me do..." I couldn't guess, so He told me.

They were having Him pour an additive for disel fuel from the container it came in, into big plastic containers. Not a big deal, except they were only having Him do it while wearing cloth gloves, nothing to cover His nose and/or mouth.. and guess what the warning label says? Basically it says, "This product is known to cause cancer." Fucking cancer.

After we got off the phone, while I was on my lunch break.. I was talking to my mother and freaking out about this. I mean they aren't exactly health concious at His job anyway, unless they are actually at a job site.. and that's only because their clients are watching them.. but fucking causes cancer?!

So my mom tried to calm me down, and I basically asked her what she would do if her husband was going through all this shit with his job.. and she said she would take her chances and ask him to put in his two weeks.

So I called Master and He said He would think about it.

We are basically weighing the pros and cons. The wife in me, that is concerned about His health and wants Him around forever is going, "Quit! Danger to Your health!!! Huge danger to Your health."

But He is countering it with.. "We can't afford it."

And He's right.

My paychecks cover all the bills. So our bills will be paid no matter what, but then we'll basically have no money for food or regular living expenses. He'd probably get unemployment, but we don't know how much. We have some savings, but not a lot.

I checked, and even with no income on His end, we make to much to get food stamps. Not that I'd be proud to use it, but if it means we get to eat.. I would. But even with just my paycheck, we make to much per month.

If He quits, we'd have to drastically change our spending habits. We'd have to drop either the house phone, or His cell phone. We wouldn't be able to go out, or anything of that nature. Basically, to make a long story short, we'd go back to the way we were when He was unemployed before. The only differences are that He wasn't getting any unemployment at all, we were behind on bills to begin with (now we're current in all of our bills). But we don't want to go back to the way we were ya know? We don't want to get into another hole that's going to take damn near a year (or more) to drag ourselves out of it. Also before we were selling stuff when we needed extra cash. Now? We have nothing left to sell. The computer isn't worth shit, all we have is a TV, His X-Box 360 and a DVD player as far as electronics go. And um yeah.. no. We need some form of entertainment other wise we'd probably go ape shit.

So Master is debating, and I'm just sitting here waiting. I don't know what to do or say. I had valid points in wanting Him to quit, He has valid points as to why He needs His job. Etc and so on.

*sigh*

I don't know what to do. I just.. don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment