June 29, 2009

Master, Daddy, Sir

I actually used to have Master's phone number listed in my cell phone as "MasterDaddySir". Why? Because I call Him all three things, and well.. I found it amusing.

Kaya did a post today about some of the restrictions her husband puts on her that sometimes reminds her of the restrictions a parent would put on a child. You can see that particular post here.

I've personally always been reminded of parent/child restrictions regarding some of the rules Master has for me.  And no, I don't always like them. And yes sometimes I sit here and go, "I'm 26.. what the fuck.." but not out loud.

But the restrictions Master places on me that are more "child like", He passes as health and/or safety concerns.

A bedtime is one of them. I don't actually have a set bed time. Normally Master and I are in bed (although maybe or maybe not asleep) by 11pm during the week. This is because we have to get up somewhere between 6 - 6:30am. So when 11pm rolls around Master will start turning off the TV or computer and say, "Bedtime Kitten." And I help with getting the animals settled and cleaning up in the living room and join Him in the bedroom. Most times I beat Him there and I set the alarms for us. Sometimes I'm not really tired, but I have to ask permission if I want to stay up later than 11pm during the week. He then decides whether it is okay or not. It usually is declined if I have to work the next day. He tells me no, that I have to sleep. And then we curl up and that's that.

I don't really mope about this, because He's going to bed with me. On the few rare occasions where He has told me I need to go to bed, but He's staying up.. I mope. Why? Because I want to be near Him. So I'll ask if I can sleep on my slave mat or on the couch instead. Normally He lets me get away with this.

On the weekend, there is no set time really. He just starts shutting things down, and says "Bedtime Kitten", like usual.Same rules apply. I can request to stay up, but of course that may be declined and I have to go to bed anyway.

Another one is when I'm coming home from work and I'm taking the bus, or even if I'm crossing the street to get to where He is parked. This is a newer rule.

He saw me cross against a "Do Not Walk" light one time to get to the car where He was, and I was scolded once I got in the car. I argued that the cars were far enough back that I knew I could make it. He declared health and safety concerns, so I am no longer allowed to cross the street when the light says "Do Not Walk". I have to wait, even if there is no traffic.

Oh another one is that if it is getting dark out, I am not allowed to sit on the computer without having the light on. Health concerns, I know, but it reminds me of when I was growing up and I'd be watching the TV or reading a book in a dark room and my mom or dad would walk in and go, "Turn on a light! You're going to go blind!"

But we do somewhat play with the Daddy/baby girl thing in our relationship. So I guess none of this seems out of place to me. I take to it naturally. I don't mean like I'm sitting here in pigtails playing with stickers.. I mean that I call Him Daddy and He calls me baby, baby girl, little one, etc. I like being held, I sit on His lap as often as possible, etc.

That's about the extent of it however.

Plus it's really no different then some of the punishments. Like the belt. Yeah, I got the belt a few times as a kid.. but Master has used that punishment quite a few times over the years. I've been spanked more times in our 6 years than I ever was growing up. Weird huh?

I find the topic interesting and wanted to post about it. Thanks for the idea Kaya. :-)

Sometimes when I try explain why I call Master "Daddy", I can't really find a way to explain it. I mean He's only 8 years older than I am. But I still look to Him as an Elder. I look to Him as a protector as well. And that also plays into why I call Him Daddy. He is extremely protective of me. Like I said, it's not "traditional" age play. That kind of stuff squicks me out. (No offense meant to those of you who enjoy that kink.. it's just not my thing.)

But what we do? It suits me just fine. I've asked Master how He would explain the Daddy/baby girl aspect of our realationship as well. He normally just shrugs and goes, "It's what we do." I guess, in the end, that's the explanation that is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment