June 25, 2009

Slow Thursday

Well, yet another Thursday that went by slowly and didn't want to end... but oh well. It's almost over now. I think part of the reason why it went by so slowly today is because I know I get out at noon tomorrow, and I'm anxious to start the weekend.

Master had another long, tiring day at work. :-(

He called me literally two minutes before I was going to clock out to tell me that He was just then getting out of His job. So I told Him I would just take the bus home, since I knew He was sore and tired and just wanted to go home. Plus what sense did it make to have Him drive a half hour to where I was, and me wait there, and then drive another half hour home... none at all. Knowing the bus route home has been freeing in a way. I don't have to worry about scrambling to find someone who isn't working to come pick me up, or wait over an hour for said ride home. So I clocked out, and called Master back on my cell while I waited for the bus and He drove home.

He sounded grateful, in a way, to not have to come get me. I know He doesn't mind picking me up... but I also know that sometimes He wishes He could just go straight home because He's had a long day. I don't mind.

The bus took forever. Stupid festival traffic slowed everything down for a while. And then at one of the bus stops, one bus driver got off, and another got on. But they sat there and talked through two green lights before finally switching who was driving and the other one left. Bastards.

Once I got home, we ordered pizza, and then watched a movie. I took my bath and asked if He wanted me in anything. He said no, not tonight. So I'm just relaxing right now, or trying to.

I just feel kind of here at the moment.

I also asked if He would like me to beg tonight. It wasn't that I was trying to get out of it. I just don't want to be annoying, and He looks like He's pretty beat. I think the three days of being out in the sun, when there is a heat advisory, is catching up with Him. Although He may have a short day tomorrow. We can hope. And then we'll head over to His god sister's.

It's kind of weird calling her His god sister... since neither of us are Christian.. but that's what she is. So whatever.

Speaking of not being a Christian. One of my coworkers today was very hyper.. she was laughing, joking, and so I smiled and said, "Looks like someone had a lot of caffiene today."

Innocent comment. Unexpected reply.

Her response was this: "Nope. But I had a big cup of Jesus this morning."

I just stood there. I respect other people's beliefs.. but if I were to tell her that I had meditated and talked with Mother Wolf this morning she'd look at me like I was a nut. But I remained respectful. I smiled and nodded. I started to walk away. She followed me.

She asked me if I believed in God. So I paused, kind of cocked my head to the side and was about to say, "Define God..." when she followed up her question with.. "You beleive in something?" To which I confidently said, "Yes. You could put it that way."

I really don't like explaining my beliefs to Christians that are some what ... fanactical. Which she is.

So she shook her head, and said, "We're going to have to work on you then. Jesus makes you want to dance." And she, I shit you not, to dance a little bit. I just laughed and walked faster.. away... far.. far.. away.

First, what is this we stuff. And second, you're not going to change my mind. Now granted I could have said a number of things. I could have said, "I was raised Lutheran, and personally, I think it is all a bunch of bullshit. I have found my path, and I am glad that you have found your's."

Then again, I could have also said, "Listen you Jesus humping psycho..."

But I didn't do either of those things. When it comes to discussing religion in the work place, I don't like to lie, but I also don't like to be specific. I do not need to justify anything to a coworker, or anyone else for that matter... except for Master. Because He is not just my Master, and my Husband, He is my Teacher, and my Elder.

Talking about religion at work makes me uncomfortable. If someone talks about how they went to church over the weekend, that's one thing. I don't mind at all. It doesn't bother me. Or if someone says a little prayer while they are stressed out. Hey, I get it.. that's what you do. No problems here.

But when you start talking like that particular coworker.. I don't like it, and I don't appreciate it.

But I also don't want to make a big deal about it either. Now if she were to start discriminating against me because I am not a Christian, or started hassling me about how I need to find Jesus (who by the way, has been behind the couch the whole time) I would speak with my supervisor. Until that point, I don't see a reason.

I do have to admit though, that although it is normal to see someone walking around with a cross on a necklace, or even one posted in their workstation... I think someone would throw a shit fit if I put up a medicine wheel. Damn us heathens, and our wicked ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment