June 4, 2009

Customer Service At It's Finest

Work wasn't as hectic as it has been the past few days. I'm still by myself. The other clerk won't be in until Monday, possibly Tuesday. My supervisor approved my trainer's request to have me work Saturday. But she changed her mind. She doesn't want me to work on invoices, she wants me to do a packet for her. Cool by me. I'll probably get some of the invoices done tomorrow anyway.

Master had a day in the shop, for the most part. That is until someone down near the Illinois border decided to spill a bunch of shit and they got the call to go clean it up. So Master had to go to that. And it kept Him until about 6pm. I got out of work at 4:30pm. B was working until about 9pm. So I decided to try and take the bus home.

I haven't been on a bus in a long time. I'd never been on a city bus before. But seriously, and this is going to sound dumb, I was/am afraid of buses. When I was in 7th grade I was on a school bus on a field trip and it got rear ended really hard while stopped at a railroad crossing. I was in a lot of pain from it and got knocked in the head pretty good, which is why I have migraines to this day.

But I called the customer service line for the city bus and found out what stop to be at. The stop for the bus I wanted had been moved for the time being due to construction. Well I sat there, and the time for the bus to show up came and went. So I called again, and they said another one should be there soon. So I continued to wait. No fucking bus. Now I went through this with these people, describing where I was, what intersection I was at, everything I could possibly think of and they assured me I was in the right place. Twice. Twice, no bus.

So finally I see another bus line across the street that I knew went down by my home. So I hopped on that. Master was already home by the time I walked in the door. He sent me out almost immediatley because we needed rabbit food and soda. So I took care of that and I was cranky.

I tried to calm myself down, but that whole bus thing pissed me off and I had twisted my ankle, and hurt my back at work today. So yeah, I wasn't in the best of moods.

But eventually I relaxed and Master and I enjoyed the rest of our evening.

We decided that from now on, if Master is running late, and B can't take me home, I'll just hop on that same bus I took today so we don't have to stress about how the fuck I'm getting back home.

Plus this means I can changed my work schedule so I can work a little extra time during the week, and then get out at noon every other Friday. Rocking! Then on the Friday I get out early, I'll just take the bus home and call it a day.

Honestly the bus ride was some what theraputic. The bus driver was very nice, because I explained that this was my first time using public transit and told me where I should get off, and showed me where the schedules were. I don't feel so bad about buses now. And now, I know I'll always have a way home. I'm going to buy some bus passes to keep in my purse, since I hardly ever carry cash. And when I run low, I'll just go buy more.

I could buy a monthly pass, but that's $60 and I don't think I'll be using the bus that often to justify $60 a month. But it may be easier, so I don't risk losses the passes. Gah, I don't know. Either way I know I always have a ride home now that I've gotten over the whole, "I don't wanna take the bus!" thing.

Yay me! (Yes, it sounds stupid, but it's a big thing to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment