October 17, 2011

Tire Trouble, Kind Of

Certain things in my life are going swimmingly. Our marriage is great. Our dynamic is going well. Our animals are all healthy. Parts of my family and I are getting along great.

But.. then there is everything revolving around money. Yes, our finances are tight. I'm sure anyone reading this blog for more than a month knows that already; and is maybe even sick of hearing about it.

But today that damn subject came up again. We only have one car. Now where that saves a lot of money because there is only one car to put gas in, do oil changes on, etc. it also fucks you over if anything happens to said car.

As a result Master and I get nervous when we think something, anything, may be wrong with the car.

Well, today I drove our car to work as the driver in our car pool had taken the day off. No big deal. I check everything over just to be on the safe side. Everything was fine. I get myself and the other person in the carpool to work safely with nothing going wrong. Awesome.

I go on my lunch break and go outside to get some fresh air and I see that the back passenger wheel is flat. I'm like "What the fuck?"

I didn't want her sitting on her rim or anything, so I limped her to a local gas station and put air in it. It holds and everything is fine. I go back to work. The other person in the carpool asks if I want to leave early. Well, I already have eight hours to make-up between now and Sunday. So at first I was like nah. But then I started to worry about the tire and I said okay let's go. Fuck it. I'll just make that hour up as well.

I go outside and both of us check the tires. They all seemed fine. But just to play it safe I ask if he would mind playing navigator so we could take city streets home. I didn't want to run the risk of the tire blowing out or anything on the damn interstate. He agreed and off we went. Even though my job is one county over from us it was relatively easy to use the city streets. I didn't break 40mph. I was cautious as hell.

We get to his place, he hops out and says the tire still looks good before heading into his home. I drive to our place and get out of the car. I check all the tires and they seem fine.

But I know that sooner or later the car needs a new set of tires. It's just so damn expensive. That's why I freak out when a tire goes flat. I can't afford two tires right now damnit! (You put the two new ones on the front and take two of the best ones out of the original four and put those on the rear set.) Now, two tires don't sound like a lot but I don't want used tires, those always made me nervous when I got them before. They are used after all and they are a part of the whole safety while driving thing.

Master could tell I was stressing. He stood up and opened His arms, motioning for me to hug Him. I slide my hands under His outer shirt and hugged Him tight. He wrapped His arms around me and rubbed my back while He kissed the top of my head a few times.

I actually felt a lot better after that. I'm calmer now. However, both of us are going to keep a closer eye on the tires just to be on the safe side.


No comments:

Post a Comment