October 3, 2011

Monday From Hell

Okay, so today fucking blew goats. I got up and it started off like any Monday. I woke up, wanted to stay in bed, got up anyway, got dressed, took the dog out and then waited for my ride to show up.

It just went down hill from there. There is a lot of construction on the interstate that is going on. Well, they ended up changing the traffic pattern yet again. The exit that we normally take to go to work has been a left exit forever. Well, in the city's divine wisdom they decided to make it a right exit now. *blinks* What the fuck?! Add to that the fact that it wasn't very clearly marked; or if it was it was marked before our on ramp. Either way we ended up going in the completely wrong direction and it took us a half hour to get back on track. Needless to say I was late to work.

I absolutely hate being late to work. It makes the rest of my day feel so damn rushed. My work day was overwhelming. I had things upon things upon things to accomplish. I tried asking my supervisor to let me do overtime over our allotted amount. He denied it saying, "Let me know what it looks like later in the week." Really?! Dude I'm drowning over here. So then I told him that, for today at least, I needed help. This is my first time in this department (over a year now) that I've ever asked for someone to help me to lighten my load. Normally I'm the one helping others, asking for more work, etc. I bust my ass to make myself look good. Well apparently there was no way I could get any help because only one other person in the department knows how to do what I do, and she's the new girl.

Yeah...

Okay, whatever. Bad work day. I get out of work and go wait by the driver of the carpool's car. The other person in the carpool and I are waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Eventually she sent a text saying she was caught up on some project or other. We ended up waiting 20 minutes and finally she was out. I was late getting home.

So no one in the carpool had a good day.

I get home from work and I kick into docile mode. Sometimes when I've had a really bad day I slip into this docile mode. I guess it's my way of trying to relax when I'm extremely sore and just in a mentally beaten mood. As a result of my getting home late it feels like the night has been flying by, which means I'll want to break the alarm in half tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment