October 16, 2011

Now For The Full Story

Okay, now for me to fully explain the bullet points from my last post.

The visit with my dad's went better than I expected. So we didn't leave early.
Master and I left home at 5pm. We were supposed to be at my father's around 6pm. Since it was a Saturday we figured that the traffic would be worse than usual. We decided to take city streets rather than the interstate. It was a beautiful fall day so we thought the city streets would be nicer since we would be able to see all the changing trees, etc. That and it just sounded more relaxing.

Well, traffic wasn't as bad as we thought, and I was speeding a little bit. The normal 45 minute drive only took a half hour. Thankfully they were home when we showed up. However, my dad was mowing the lawn at the time. We apologized for being so early, but Dad said it was no big deal. He put away the lawn mower and we all went inside. Master and I sat on the couch. My dad's recliner was close to the couch and his girlfriend's was across the room. At least that much. My dad was more interactive than usual. He kept saying how happy he was that we came down. We sat around and talked, they were watching Storage Wars. We all commented on it but the conversation wasn't solely focused on that. We caught up a bit and he was telling us how he had sold one of his cars because he needed the money and the car had just been sitting around anyway. He sounded really sad about it, but since it hadn't moved in two years I just kind of brushed past that topic.

We stayed until almost 10pm. So as I said we didn't end up leaving early. His girlfriend pretty much stayed out of the conversation minus small comments here and there, none of which were a big deal. She wasn't incredibly annoying or anything like that. As a result, the visit was more relaxed than the last time we went down. When we decided it was time to leave we told my dad that we had to get back home to take care of the animals and what not. So both him and his girlfriend stood up to say goodbye. His girlfriend stood by the door and said it was good to see us. We didn't want to be overly rude so we just said thank you. We didn't hug her on our way out. His last girlfriend, who we really liked, we would hug when we left. But not this one. Like I said, we didn't want to be overly rude but that just seemed like if we had done it, it would have been fake as hell. So I skipped it. My dad gave me a big hug and then walked us out to our car. He continued talking, almost like he didn't want us to leave. This was heart warming. I gave him another big hug before I got in our car. I drove us home.

I still love my dad, very much, and the way he looks these days breaks my heart. He looks old. He's only 50 but he looks like life kicked him all over the street and into a brick wall a few times. His still has his long hair, but now a bald spot that continues to grow is taking over the back of his head. I know that's not unusual at his age, but it still looks kind of weird with his shoulder length hair. His hair and goatee have a lot more grey in it than the last time I saw him. He has also lost more weight. He told me that he hasn't been really hungry anymore and hasn't been eating a lot for dinner and the rest of the day he just kind of munches on small things. I told him he has to eat more and he nodded. I don't know if it's stress or what, but he looks unhealthy.

I'm kind of in a love/hate type relationship with my dad. I love him because he's my dad and sometimes I still see that man I remember from my childhood and young adult years. I hate some of the choices he has made and some of the things he does. I don't have as much respect for him as I use to.
Master gave me a great back rub, but now my entire lower back is tingling. I think I had a pinched nerve or something.
At some point after we got home I asked if Master would be willing to work on my back. Since He has been on medication I haven't wanted to ask because I knew He was in pain. So I didn't ask, no matter how tense I was. Last night though my lower back, right above the hip line, was really bothering me. Master said He would after whatever we were watching on Netflix was over with. Once that was done He had me go to the bedroom and lay down. He gave me a very long back rub. He used just the right amount of pressure. Once it was done my lower back was tingling, so He must have gotten something to loosen up. And today it's not bothering me at all. 

Master got a long distance call from a friend that He hasn't heard from in a long time.
 Master had a falling out with a friend, PA, about six years ago. I won't go into all the why and how. Well PA had moved down to Florida during this period of time. The only reason Master knew about it was because BC is a mutual friend (who lives in the next county down from us) and when the move happened He felt the need to tell Master.

While I was taking my bath the phone rang. It was almost 11pm so it kind of freaked me out that the phone was ringing. Master walks into the bathroom with the phone and reads off the area code. Neither of us recognized the area code, let alone the full number. No name showed up on the caller ID.  I just told Master He should probably answer it anyway, given the time. I didn't know if there had been an accident or something and that was why we didn't know the number. I was done with my bath anyway and had just been enjoying the hot water, so I got out wondering what the fuck was going on.

Needless to say Master answered the phone. The person on the other end basically said, "Hey! This is someone you know in Florida!"

I heard that part because the person on the other end had talked rather loudly. Master said, "I only know two people in Florida and you don't sound like JO.... Holy shit!"

That's right, it was PA. He said that he had been sitting around drinking with a friend from up here that Master use to hang with because he was PA's friend and started talking about old times. (The friend had moved down to Florida just because PA had.) Apparently while they were talking about old times Master's name came up so they decided to look Him up. We had changed our phone number, so He found Master on an online phone directory, probably White Pages.

The conversation was rather surreal for Master, but pleasant. They caught up. Master told Him that we got married, what has been going on and things about mutual friends that still live up here and Master is still talking to.

The weirdest part? PA asked if we would be interested in coming down for the holidays. *blink blink* That was out of left field. Pay to go down to Florida to be with someone Master hasn't talked to in six years sounded really weird to me. Master politely declined stating finances and what not. PA understood. He gave Master his e-mail and phone number. After they were off the phone Master had this whiskey tango foxtrot look on His face. He told me about the entire conversation. I just nodded my head in agreement that it was really weird. The whole why now type thought line. But people from Master's past just seem to pop out of nowhere sometimes; it always surprises both of us. You would think we'd be used to it by now, but we're not. Master said He would e-mail PA to see where it went and whether or not it would remain pleasant.


I'm going to call the eye doctor tomorrow to look into contacts. I only wear glasses when I'm reading or whatever, but I'm starting to suspect I may need them all the time sooner rather than later. I hate wearing glasses, so I'm going to look into how expensive contacts would be.
I wear glasses when I'm at work since I'm on the computer and reading files for eight hours a day. Master also has me wear them when I'm on the computer to do my post. Other than that He doesn't really care if I'm wearing them or not. But last time while I was driving home I realized that I couldn't ready the street signs without them being blurry until I was almost right on top of them. I tried calling the eye doctor I've gone to in the past today but apparently they are closed. I don't want to wear glasses all the time. I don't even really know if I do need them all the time. But I figure if I go in for an appointment to get my eyes checked out and they tell me I do need them all the time the first thing I'm going to bring up are contacts. Call it me vanity but I just do not, under any circumstances, what to wear glasses all the time. I know the contacts would probably be expensive, especially since I have an astigmatism in my left eye. If they are too pricy, then of course I would just bite the bullet and wear the damn glasses, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Well, that covers the bullet points. Today Master and I are going grocery shopping and the rest of the day will most likely be spent relaxing. I may do another post later, I may not. But at least I got this one done.


No comments:

Post a Comment