October 6, 2011

Break

The beginning of the month is normally the busiest at work. This month is no different unfortunately. Although this seems busier than normal. It feels like my brain is numb right now. My job is not very physically exhausting (although sometimes I get sore just from the way I have to sit or how many files I have to carry) but mentally? Holy hell. It can be one of the most boring jobs in the world when it's slow. During those times I want nothing more than to have something to do so that the time will go by more quickly.

This week? I don't feel like I have enough time to get everything done. Seriously. It blows goats. And of course our entire department is under overtime restriction. We can't do more than 3 hours of overtime in a pay period. I'm very close to going over that. So of course I have to slam as much as I can into the time I have to do it.

Today I am hoping that next week is better. I am honestly surprised I haven't crashed out before 10pm all week. Instead, I've had a touch of insomnia. Last night I didn't go to bed until midnight and even then Master had to order me to bed and I still had a hard time falling asleep. I think I tossed and turned for about a half hour.

Although there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I had originally thought that I wouldn't have an extended weekend until Thanksgiving. That has now changed. The driver of my car pool is taking off quite a bit of time recently. I've gone to work by taking our car and driving the other person in our carpool back and forth. No big deal. However, when she told me she was taking off October 28th I decided I would too. For no reason other than I could.

I've been busting my tail at work and doing my damn best to stay on top of everything, and that includes everything at home of course. So I decided I'm not waiting until fucking November. I'm getting a three day weekend before that! So take that!

No comments:

Post a Comment