October 13, 2011

Scatter Brain

I don't really want to talk about work today. I will say that I am mostly caught up, and I'll leave it at that.

I find myself a bit scatter brained today. My thoughts are flipping from here to there. I'm not cycling or anything like that. It's just that I'm thinking about things that have to be done, things I want to be done and things that I want period.

This paycheck is a little higher than usual, thankfully. As a result we can easily pay all of our bills and still have money left over after all the mundane things such as groceries, things for the animals, etc.

Part of me wants to buy another pair of heels. I know that I just got a new pair not that long ago and quite honestly I haven't worn them that often. The reason for that though is because they are suede and I haven't been all too sure about the weather. The last thing I want is to ruin a brand new pair of heels simply because it's raining. Maybe if I can find another pair on sale I'll buy them; maybe not.

I do know that we have some things to buy around the apartment that we have been meaning to replace for a while. So I want to knock some of those out. They aren't anything major and they are incredibly boring. A new shower curtain. A new bath mat. Things like that.

I have also found myself looking at blog themes again. Not that I really want to change it again but if something strikes my fancy, I might. I just like browsing them. It feeds my nerd side, even if I don't do anything but browse.

I called my dad today. I haven't seen him in about 6 months. This may sound horrible, but a large part of that is because we don't like his current girlfriend. I know, it sounds really bad. It doesn't help that my dad has changed quite a bit. But I called him today and asked what he was doing Saturday. He was really excited about it and said that he'll call me once he gets home from work and his errands so we can head on down. He kept saying that he couldn't wait to see us. I know he misses us, and that he loves us. I love him. He's my dad. But I find myself not as... connected to him as I once was. I was a Daddy's Girl until about two years ago.

So Saturday ought to be interesting.

*Update*

Okay, I lied. Obviously I did change my blog theme. It's pretty! And it's not as dark, the text isn't as small... etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment