October 14, 2011

Entertaining Myself

Well, it's almost 11pm on a Friday night. I actually tried to lay down and take a nap earlier but I couldn't fall asleep, oddly enough.

Master, on the other hand, has gone to bed. He is still on the prescriptions he received at His emergency room visit. They make Him extremely drowsy and they finally caught up with Him today.

So, for a change, He is sleeping while I am wide awake. I don't know if I hit some kind of second wind or what. Although I do plan on trying to lay down to sleep in a little while. In the mean time I am trying to busy myself. It's weird as hell. Normally I'm the one who asks to go to bed and Master stays up. Either that, or we both decide it's a good time to get some sleep. So what do I do? I come on here to ramble on about absolutely nothing. I apologize.

In case anyone has checked any of my pages (such as the pictures page) I just wanted to let you all know that I have not deleted any comments or blocked anyone from commenting. I also have not removed the ability to post a comment on my pages. Apparently it's a known issue with Blogger and hopefully it'll be fixed soon. Whenever I try to correct it, it simply reverts back to not allowing comments on the pages. I really do hope that it's fixed soon. It's annoying.

I also know that the "reactions" that I had at the end of each post are no longer available. That is not due to any kind of issue with Blogger; it's simply something that apparently this theme does not have enabled. I went through the coding and I don't see a way of fixing that. To me it's not that huge of a deal, so it doesn't bother me.

What else can I ramble on about? Oh! My dad told me last night that he was going to call me today to set up a time for us to come down on Saturday. He said he would call around 6pm. So I waited. I waited some more. And then I finally got tired of waiting and I called his place. No answer. I left a voice mail and waited for his call again. I ended up calling three other times thinking that maybe he was outside or something, but he never picked up. Now while I know that my relationship with my father is strained at the moment, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But when the clock hit 8:30pm I was more than a little annoyed. I told Master that if he didn't call back I was going to be pissed.

But he did call back; at 9pm. He said that he was sorry he hadn't called sooner but he had forgotten they had errands to run. I personally don't run errands until 9pm at night, but whatever. He still sounds excited about seeing us, so at least that much. I already told Master that if I end up getting pissed off, we're just going to leave. Damn the 45 minute drive. I highly doubt it would be my father pissing me off. I think his dimwit of a girlfriend will, probably without even realizing it. It sounds stupid but she obviously does not like the fact that my father had a life before her. She gets weird around my brother and I. And if we bring up our mother in passing she gets really tense and moves closer to my father or tries to drag his attention to her. He was 49 years old when they met. Apparently at 49 you aren't supposed to have ever experienced anything before meeting her.

I'm going to attempt to go tomorrow without any preconceived notions of what is going to happen. I'm also going to try to walk in without any of my defenses up. I want to walk in in a good mood and leave in a good mood. That's all I want. Hopefully it happens.

Sometimes I hate the fact that I type fast. It hasn't taken me much time at all to type that much. Damn my typing skills! The last time I was tested on my typing I hit 80wpm. I don't remember the accuracy rate. I know I fuck up on words or phrases here, but when I'm at work it's pretty spot on. It has to be with the information I'm working with.

Like I said, I'm just rambling.

I already took my nightly dose of happy pills, as Master and I call them. They aren't really happy pills. They don't make me see the world through rose colored glasses or anything like that. They are both mood stabilizers. Ever since I was put on the second medication I've felt worlds better. I haven't cycled hard at all. I have had some "mini cycles" but it's just something where I get a little hyper or a little mopey or a little aggravated. That's about the worst of it. Trust me, it's a hell of a lot better than before I was on medication at all. It seems that we finally found the correct mixture of medications and their doses that work well for me. That makes me extremely happy and I'm sure is a huge sigh of relief for Master. I'm also glad my shrink gave me a savings card for the second medication. I have health insurance but even with that the copay is a bit high. I have a feeling that's because it's an extended release medication. That is also probably why I am in much better control of my emotions. I still feel everything and if I have cause I can get pissed off, or extremely sad. But the random flips of one mood to another is a thing of the past. Yay!

Okay. I think I'm out of stuff to babble about. I'm still not tired though. So I guess I'll just browse the net until I'm ready to fall asleep.

2 comments:

  1. The dad's girlfriend sounds insecure. Almost as though the tie of having had children with your mom will lure him back to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I think as well. Although the weird thing of it is, and this is just cold hearted to me, she is still legally married to a man that is in a nursing home due to a severe auto accident. She won't divorce him because she gets a monthly payment from his social security money. She has two children with him and one of them actually lives with her and my father. Doesn't make much sense does it?

    ReplyDelete