October 23, 2011

More Than Love

I'm not sure if some people would guess at this but I enjoy reading Edgar Allan Poe's work. He was a dark romantic, in my mind. His wording can be so beautiful and yet so cryptic at the same time. My favorite poem by him is Annabel Lee. Yes, I created a page simply for that poem. I want to be able to just read it or look at it whenever I want to. What better way than to create a page for it? Plus, some other people may enjoy it as well; or at least I hope some of you do. I'm not sure if I should type a description underneath. Like why I love the poem, what it means to me, some facts regarding the poem and Edgar Allan Poe. I'm just not sure if it would ruin the page. What do you guys think?

This is going to sound weird, but the poem actually makes me think of our marriage, our connections, our love. Master and I have so many different aspects to our relationship that are constantly flowing into one another. It's this endless dance. The friendship, the marriage, the dynamic. It all has to be able to mesh well in order for it to work and so we don't get tripped up one while role we're "supposed" to be in at one point or another. Which is why the line that says "We loved with a love that was more than love" really sticks out to me. Hell, I have one of those mouse pads at work where you can slip a picture into it and what not. What did I do? I printed off that quote and put it in there.

We aren't perfect and it's not like we're never pissed at one another; believe me it does happen. I don't know how much that comes across in my blog, but it's there. Regardless of that we are happily married. We're in it for the long haul.

I know this is going to seem off topic, but it's really not.

Master and I have been watching a lot of LA Ink lately, which has both of us really craving new tattoos. I've decided I still need to rethink exactly how I want the one I've been wanting for 8 years done. It's a very special thing and at first I thought I knew how I wanted it, but now I'm thinking it's going to be too busy, as it's an addition to the first tattoo I ever got. It's not that I'm never going to get it done, it's just that I have to rethink that layout of it.

A few nights ago Master and I were just sitting up talking about tattoos and I was telling Him how I'm rethinking this one and He agreed. Then He said something that I never thought I'd hear.

For some background, we have been talking for a few years now about how we want to get tattoos that represent one another and our commitment to each other. We don't want to just get each other's name. Master doesn't like His full name so I originally thought about just getting His initials but we couldn't figure out how it would look best. Master didn't know how He wanted to represent me either. I mean, we already kind of have matching tattoos. They mean different things but they look very similar. And I also have the word slave in enochian as an arm wrap, but we wanted something more. (Plus we're both addicted to tattoos, so why not.)

Last night He told me that He's actually thinking about getting my portrait done. *insert shocked face here* It's not that I don't find it incredibly sweet and a really big showing of His commitment to me, it's just that He has always said He doesn't really like portrait tattoos. I mean He had really thought this out. He took me over to the computer and showed me a few photos of me that He has in His collection that He had narrowed it down to. He even asked me my opinion on which picture He should use.

I don't know if it'll happen or not. This is the spot that Master has been going back and forth on as far as what He wants to put there; but I still think that the thought itself is sweet.

Well, as we were watching the show tonight a light bulb went off in my head. To represent Him and our marriage as a tattoo, and since I absolutely love that poem and have for a very long time, why not just get that line of the poem done. I just want the words themselves, in a very elegant script, wrapping around my wrist like a ribbon. No actual ribbon or banner, just the words. Like it would begin a few inches off my wrist and wrap around to end at my wrist, with the last "love" to end up on the front of my wrist. I think it's a really different idea, since when I see most tattoos that have script that wraps done they have some kind of banner. I just want the words. Nice, simple, elegant and yet it would represent so much. It would be a conversation piece as well, not only because of the positioning but because I'm sure people would ask what it meant. I could tell them about our marriage, about Him, about the poem and the poet.

I think it would be absolutely wonderful. Although with script I know I'll be super careful because the last thing I need is for something to be misspelled on my body. I'd have to go over it like five times once the stencil was made and I'd have Master look it over. Yes, I'm paranoid enough to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment