August 8, 2011

Isolation

I decided to go with a journal prompt today. I've been kind of out of it all day and not feeling very motivated at work, which is very unlike me. So I figure rather than me rambling on about absolutely nothing, I would find a topic.

Are you isolated by your Owner at all? Would you want to be isolated? What are the pros and cons of isolation for you?

I wouldn't say that Master isolates me really. Honestly it's more me pulling away from the outside world except for Him and our families. He does not discourage this in any way, and is actually the same way Himself. We have both been burned in the past by friends. Some mutual, others not.

Master and I have never been extremely social people. We have tried to be in the past. We went to a few local munches type things. And while the group wasn't really for us, we also started to realize how much we prefer to be on our own, just the two of us. We like to sit and people watch, making comments to one another and just.. doing our thing so to speak. We also tried making new friends. It didn't work out. There was always something that made us look and go "....the fuck?"

We have gone out to dinner and to movies and what not with friends and some family. When it's certain members of our family (my brother, His brother and His father) it's fine. It would be fine with my mother as well but she doesn't really go out to eat.

With friends.. it's becoming more like a chore than something to do for fun. SS used to be a lot of fun to go hang with. But for the past year or so, since she has been with her current fiance, she's little miss priss. Her man makes damn good money and he is spoiling her with a newer car, a new house, trips all the time.. etc. Now while originally I was very happy for her, now it's just her bragging and basically rubbing it in our faces. She can still be the person we remember, but it's fewer and farther between.

Then there is BC. Since he got with his current fiance (are we noticing a trend here?) he has changed a lot. His fiance believes that we are a bad influence. So she tries to limit our access to him. We've only been able to get a hold of him twice in the past 6 months and when he did return our calls or e-mails it was because he needed something done (like helping him move) or asking Master for advice. We haven't seen BC in person for about 6 months or so. Fun stuff.

So as the days go on and the years go by I have become more of a hermit. Master has as well.

Well, I think hermit is going a bit far. I would say that I have become much more focused on Him and our families, rather than everything else. I've always been focused on Him and our families, but now that's about all I focus on outside of work. Some people may say that is unhealthy but I find that I have never been more happy or more relaxed.

As I said Master does not discourage this. Would I want Him to force me to socialize more? No, not really. I would probably be stubborn about it, or at least try to be. Would I want Him to isolate me more? Well, since I'm only focusing on Him, our families, and work I'm not sure how much more He could cut me off. Have me quit my job? Never going to happen unless I have another job lined up. Have me cut off my family? He would never do that unless a certain person in my family was harming me in some way and I was too close to the situation to realize it on my own right away.

Pros and Cons... hhmmm...

Pros:

  1. I have more time on my hands to just be with Master and our families rather than having other people's problems as distractions.
  2. I am not as stressed out. I have always been one of those friends that people call first when they need a shoulder to cry on. While I used to do so happily, it did add extra stress because not only did they want a shoulder to cry on, they also wanted me to fix their problems.
  3. Master and I have more time alone together rather than a group of friends trying to pull us in each and every direction on top of our families. Ugh. It was a nightmare and as a result Master and I hardly had an entire weekend alone.
  4. I'm happier this way.
Cons:

  1. As I said some people may see this as unhealthy. But Master does not see it as such and if there is not one person on the face of this planet that takes my health as seriously as Master does. I mean my parents do as well, but Master is more stern about it. When I'm not feeling well or I'm stressed out He hovers to see how I am reacting and then takes action from there.
  2. I don't have any friends outside of Master and our families. That's not really a con in my eyes but I'm sure some people would see it as such. Personally, I think it is better this way. There is a stronger connection with the family members Master and I spend time with than there has ever been with a friend. We can have a knock out drag down fight about something stupid and then the next day we're joking around and having a good time. No bad blood. (No pun intended.) If it's a serious fight, it depends on the family member in question.
  3. Um... *thinks* Yeah. Can't think of a third one and the other two were not cons in my eyes.
So yep. I'm pretty happy being isolated to a point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment