August 9, 2011

I Hate Today

Today sucked balls.

It wasn't any one thing in particular.. it was a bunch of shit that just accumulated. The newer girl in my department was annoying the hell out of me by stopping by my desk and going  through my paperwork because she thought that some of her stuff ended up on my desk. Ask you dumb bitch.

My supervisor was pulling me one way, another manager was pulling me another and then I have all my regular work plus some back log. I felt like a pretzel. It was insane.

However, the work day went by rather quickly. Apparently stress = time flying by. Interesting.

I had a headache around lunch time. I probably should have cut my lunch even shorter than I did in order to get everything done, but I didn't need the headache any worse than it already was. I cut my 45 minute lunch to 20 minutes. I probably should have only taken a 10 minute break and gone back in. Ten minutes doesn't sound like a lot but every little bit helps when you're behind on your work.

So when I got home tonight I was worn out. I'm a little better now, even though I haven't had any caffeine. Trust me, it's a miracle.

Master and I have been talking while I was chipping away at this post and He says He's not too sure if I should switch jobs just yet. He did say that if I continue to look around I should take my time and be picky. I should wait for the right job since I don't have to go right then and there. I can take my time and not stress out about it. Which is a really good point. Also, if I do leave my current job I have to make sure the timing is right so there isn't a gap between paychecks that we can't easily recover from.

I'm not stressing out about looking for a new job. I know I can take my time and there is no rush. However, I am going to continue buying more pieces of professional clothing for when/if the day comes that I do find a different job.

No comments:

Post a Comment