August 16, 2011

Grandpa

My mother called me today to let me know what is going on with my grandfather. My grandpa has a lot of health problems. He's going to be 72 in a few weeks. Well just recently it came to light that not much of his heart was functioning. He continued to hold back the percentage.

Today he told my mother. Only 24% of his heart is functioning. And the old man is still kicking. The doctors have told him that he needs a pace maker. However, they need to run quite a few tests and then have a "conference" about it.

Well the conference between the doctors isn't until October. Why? So they can run all the tests first. Why do they have to have a conference? To see if they think it is safe for him to go into surgery. Basically they have to weigh out the odds. How much of a chance does he have making it out of the surgery alive versus if they just let him continue without the surgery.

We're all just holding our breath until we know for sure what the next step is.

Then what happens today? My grandpa gets into a car accident. Some idiot pulled out in front of him and he smashed into the guy. I don't know all the details but I do know that he is fine but the car is pretty fucked up. The cops told him he should probably have the car towed. Grandpa was like "Fuck that" and drove the car home himself, parked it in the garage and will be calling his insurance tomorrow.

My grandpa's a bad ass.

2 comments: