August 28, 2011

Ink Craving

When my brother was up here last time he was telling me that he finally wants to get a tattoo. Okay, I know finally seems like a harsh word, he is only 26 years old. But, I started getting ink at 18. I'm now 28 and I have 11 tattoos. So.. yeah. To me it's a late start.

He was saying that he knew what he had in mind and we searched online for something he might like. He found one that he wanted, but he couldn't find the other one. (He has two in mind currently.)

Since that point I hadn't given it much thought. Then a few nights ago he sends me a picture message on my cell phone. He found the other one he wants. I have to admit that it looks pretty kick ass. He had told us that he wants us both there. He knows that whenever one of us goes to get a tattoo the other is there. And since it will be his first he's a bit nervous about it, so he wants his big sister and brother-in-law there for support. No biggie. I'm more than happy to go with. So is Master.

Since that text conversation though I've had ink on my mind. I know exactly what I want next. It's not really a "new" tattoo. It would be a touch up and small extension of one of my existing tattoos. I just want a little something added to ink I already have and have the rest of it touched up while it's getting done. It was my first tattoo. I got it when I was 18. Since it was my first one I didn't exactly take the best care of it. It's not all fucked up or anything. It's a tribal piece and the only way I can describe it is that it has "cracks" in it. Basically when it healed I "helped" the flaking skin come off. That was a dumb idea. So now there are small lines in the tribal where the skin wasn't quite ready to flake off yet.

I don't know how much it will cost. But I really want it done. Badly. And Master has a tattoo He wants touched up as well. So the ideal situation would be that when my brother goes Master and I could get our stuff done too.

There are a few problems with that. One, I have no idea when my brother wants his to be done. He is having me take him to our tattoo parlor so at least I know where. When remains to be seen. Secondly, I don't know when I'll have the money available to do this.

I've thought about just finding the flash I want added to my first tattoo, sending it in an e-mail to the tattoo artist we normally go to and then go there, tell him how I want it done and ask how much that would cost including the touch up. Then see how much the touch up for Master's would be. Total that up plus tip, then I'll know how much I need. I don't think it'll be overly expensive honestly, not for how tattoo prices go anyway. Regardless of that fact Master and I don't have a lot of spare cash just sitting around. So it'll have to be either saved up for or budgeted in for one of the paychecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment