August 6, 2011

Security Blanket

Master and I have been talking more and more about me looking for a new job soon. First, I have to get some more professional clothing so I had least have enough outfits to make it seem like I'm not wearing the same thing all the time. Or at least enough things that I can switch out with other ones to make it seem like a different outfit. You get the idea.

Last night we were talking about the whole looking for a new job thing and the discussion turned to my collar and cuff. They are like my security blanket. I feel absolutely naked without them on, in a bad way. However, even though I wear them to my current job Master and I feel that my next job, especially since I'll be looking for higher end office work, may not be as accepting. Or I will draw too much of the wrong kind attention to myself. Master and I agreed that I am getting to the point where I can no longer get away with the "young weird girl with funky jewelry" thing. I'm still young. (I'm 28.) And I am weird. But if I am looking for a less business casual and more of a full professional attire job the collar and cuff will seem either very odd or unacceptable. Like I said it may draw the wrong kind of attention.

Master and I are not ashamed of our dynamic, but when you're talking about a work environment certain things may need to be toned down.

So we starting talking about how I could not go to work with my collar and cuff on but still be comfortable. Master came up with the perfect solution. I will buy a nice matching necklace and bracelet set for me to wear while I'm at work rather than my collar and cuff. It'll be more professional looking and although it would be the same jewelry all the time, the only thing that may assume, if anything at all, is that it is my favorite jewelry. They won't think past it.

Then when I come home and on the weekends my collar and cuff would go back on. Master and I feel replacing the collar and cuff with other jewelry will be the best way to make me still feel like I have my security blanket long enough that I can get through the work day. Master has even said He may have me wear such when we go out I'm a bit more dressed up because He think it will look nice.

We're not saying I'm too old to wear my collar and cuff. We're just saying that I'm getting to the point in my age and in my desired work environment that it would stick out way too much and I need to realize that. So soon Master and I will be looking into the matching necklace and bracelet set that we both really enjoy and think looks nice. Master, of course, will have final say.

2 comments:

  1. It might not be necessary. A good friend of mine works for the government. Security clearance, confidential information, the works. She wore an Eternity brand collar without fail for a couple years, until the finish wore off and she had a reaction to the metal. She plans on getting a Ring of Steel collar soon and will pick up where she left off. Perhaps look into the thinner collar at Ring of Steel, or maybe even the covert collars? It may "blend in" easier than a full size Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I understand what you are saying, kitten and I had a talk and decided to go with more of a jewelry basis for when her collar and cuff come off. It will blend in easier and attract less attention in a professional/ legal environment where kitten is. It just would lend an overall more "together" and professional look, more so than what she has going now.

    ReplyDelete