August 3, 2011

Another Prompt

I had no idea what to write about tonight, so I decided to randomly choose a journal prompt. And here is what came up: Does your owner allow and encourage you to pursue your own dreams/goals?

I would say that Master not only allows me to pursue my goals, He sometimes damn near pushes me to do it. Not in a bad way, but when I hesitate He pushes me to make me see it through. It has always turned out well, so there is a method to His madness.

That and He knows how damn hesitant I can be. I'm afraid to take chances sometimes. Especially when it comes to jobs. If it wasn't for Him pushing me to look into office work like I wanted to, I'd probably still be working retail. There is nothing wrong with working retail. Nothing at all. But I really wanted to do some kind of office work even though I don't have a college degree. But I broke through because Master pushed me. I started off as a temp for a call center. Said call center then hired me on. And then when I felt it was time to jump ship I found an office to work for. I started off as a clerk and I am now an analyst.

I keep going upwards so far. *knocks on wood* I'm not getting cocky though. I work hard, I do my best and that's all I can do.

When I get frustrated He tells me it'll be okay I just have to push through it. He makes sure that I don't get cocky about it as well. He doesn't want me to get a big head at my job and get myself in some serious trouble. That's not really me, but it's good to remind me of such anyway. Especially when I'm pissed off and want to punch a coworker simply to get them to shut the fuck up.

I don't really have any dreams per say. My goals are to keep a good job, buy a place of our own, and get a newer car. I have other goals but they are no where near realistic. So I figure I'll keep it simplistic.

So yes, I would say that Master allows and encourages me to go after my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment