June 14, 2010

I Love My Husband

Today while I was at work Master and I talked. The person in charge of of a depression and bi-polar support group had e-mailed me back. They were having a meeting tonight and she wanted me to attend.

So I agreed to go and Master said He would go with me. The only issue I had with going was the fact that it wasn't over until 8:30pm which meant we wouldn't get home until about 9pm. But Master said that I should go, it may help, and that just because it was late shouldn't stop me.

So shortly after I got home from work we were headed right back out the door. We got there a little early, sat down and the meeting started.

They hold a separate meeting for friends and family members at the same time, and they suggested that Master go to that, but I wanted Him to stay with me and Master wanted to stay with me, so they allowed it.

It started at 6:30pm. At first I was like, "How are we going to get through two hours?!" But honestly the time went by rather quickly for me. There were a good 15 or so people there. They broke us down into smaller groups. So it ended up being Master, myself, and two other people in the group we sat in.

We all talked, including Master, and it went by rather well I think. They were a little pushy about me being put on medication which I didn't really care for. I haven't even been to a therapist in about 10 years. On top of that I don't have health insurance. So in order to go to one I'd have to find one that will take a patient with no insurance and that we can afford. In other words, it'll take some digging and a lot of phone calls.

But they also talked about other forms of therapy, such as writing, drawing, painting, excercise, mediation, etc.

In fact I'm almost wondering if I should start a separate blog just to talk about the depression. I mean this blog is supposed to be about slavery. But over the years, I've used it for everything. Maybe I should break off at least just for that subject? I don't know. I'll have to talk to Master about it and see what He thinks on that.

Master and I talked quite a bit on the way home. Once we were home, we finally ate dinner, watched some Mind of Mencia, and now I'm doing my blog post. It's already a little after 10pm and I'm very sore right now and still have to take my bath and what not. So I'm going to end the blog by saying this:

My Husband is awesome. He went with me to this group meeting. He is doing everything He can to help me, and make sure that I get the help I need. He is being extremely patient and caring. I love Him very much, and I am lucky to be able to call Him my mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment