June 8, 2010

Graduation

Today Master's daughter (for those of you who don't know, Master has a 14 year old daughter. She was put up for adoption at birth, and He has been a part of her life for the past year and a half now) graduated the 8th grade. She begins high school this fall.

Master and I had been invited by her and her adoptive parents earlier this year. Thankfully we got there early enough, and we were able to mingle with the adoptive family a bit before the ceremony started. His daughter looked beautiful! Unlike a lot of 14 year olds I see these days, she looked beautiful but still tastefully dressed, and her make-up was tastefully done as well. Way to go girl!

The ceremony was longer than I expected for such a small graduating class. (She lives in a smaller town.) It was two hours all told. But it was a good time. After the ceremony was finished she came over and we all stood around talking. She had been given a dozen roses, and she gave one of them to me which I thought was a really sweet gesture. She also really enjoyed her graduation present that we had brought.

But shortly there after we could all tell that she wanted to get to the dance, and have fun with her friends. So we said goodbye to everyone and headed back home.

Now it's almost midnight and Master and I are both sore from sitting in those uncomfortable chairs for so long. Not to mention a headache. Small gym, loud microphone.

But like I said, it was a good time and I'm glad we were able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment