June 11, 2010

Good Day

First off I would like to start by saying thank you to everyone who has commented on my last post. I really appreciate it, and will be responding to the comments soon. Right now I'm sweating and trying to cool down, so I figured while I did that I would do my daily blog post.

Since talking with Master about my depression and crying (it's amazing how therapeutic that can be) I feel a lot better. I feel like I am on the right path to getting a better handle on everything.

It was only my half day at work today, so that was really nice.

Once I got home Master and I relaxed in our living room and just tried to stay cool. It was in the mid 80's today, so relaxing and not doing much was pretty much our plan for the day.

But it didn't stay that way, and I'm glad for that. We haven't been doing much lately as a couple, and I think getting out of the apartment more will help quite a bit.

So we ran to the bank, did what we needed to do there, and then went to the game store. Master traded in some of His old games, and got two different ones on His trade in alone. Yay for not spending money! After that we went to Applebee's and ate dinner. It was delicious and it was nice to sit, eat, and talk without a TV or computer distracting us.

Once we were done eating we stopped at the gas station and then headed home.

After a few hours of sitting at home, I reminded Master that we needed a rug and a new fan. He said we could do that tomorrow when we got the animals' food. I asked if I could go to the store tonight and we would still go to get the animal stuff tomorrow together. He said that was fine.

I admit I had other motives for asking. His birthday is next week, and I knew I wouldn't really have a chance to run to the store before this upcoming Thursday without Him wondering why. So off to the store I went!

I picked up the rug (which I got for $9!) and the fan, but then I wandered around wondering what to get Master for His birthday.

I had been asking Him for about two weeks now what He wanted, but the new video games He wants don't come out until later this month and I didn't want to just get Him a gift card. The video games He got today are ones that He had already played, so that just felt like a cop out to me as far as presents go.

Other than the new video games He couldn't really think of anything. So I was just looking through random departments.

I found a funny card and stuffed that into the cart. Okay, the card was done but what about a present? I wandered into the electronics department and remembered that He needed a camera case. He was keeping His camera that I got Him for Christmas last year in it's box. That's great and all, but when we want to take the camera places we end up putting it in my purse and hoping it doesn't get damaged.

So I found a nice small camera case (His digital camera isn't that large at all) that had a carry strap and some pockets to put His extra memory card in and whatever else He may want to shove in there. So I picked that up. But I felt like it wasn't enough.

So for some odd reason I found myself in the kitchen accessories aisle. Master has been wanting a nice kitchen knife cutlery set for a long time. He's never had one and whenever we have the money to get a nice one, we always forget about it. Figures, doesn't it?

I don't cook, and so I don't know the first thing about picking out a cutlery set. If you ask me to pick out bake ware, I'm all over it. So I must have spent a good 20 minutes in the aisle picking up every box within my price range and trying to choose between them. I was about to give up because none of the sets really seemed like what Master would want. But then, as I was walking away there was a set on an aisle cap, within my price range, and it looked like a really nice set. It's 17 pieces (all knives, unlike some of the other sets which had a spatula and a spoon in it?), the knives are full tang and have three rivets in the handle. Full tang? I remember that term from when Master shops for weapons! (The things you know.... *insert cheesy music here*) So I decided to pick that up as well, and if Master didn't like it I would just take it back.

Once I got home, before I walked through the door, I asked Master to close His eyes. He huffed and sighed and asked what I was up to. I just said, "Please?!" and He sighed again but closed His eyes.

I walked in, put everything down and went into the kitchen to sign the card I had literally just purchased. Then I walked over to Him and gave Him everything. He opened His eyes and smiled. He laughed at the card, and immediatley put His camera into the carry case. It fit perfectly, thankfully. He loves the case.

Then He opened the cutlery set and sat there happily putting each piece away into the wood block the set came with. I asked if it was a nice set, and He grinned and said yes.

He told me that He's never had one, and how much He's wanted one, etc. I was very pleased. I know I got Him all practical things, but He really loves them!

I wasn't about to try and hide His presents until Thursday, so He got them a bit early. But that's not really a bad thing. He just gets to enjoy them sooner.

I put the new rug down, and then started putting the fan together. As soon as I plugged it in I knew I had to take it back to the store. The housing on the motor was extremely loose and was rattling, and that was on the low setting. So I went back to the store, exchanged it, came home, put together that one, and finally everything was done.

I got a lot done today, and being busy and getting more time away from the apartment with Master really helped me feel better.

I don't feel hopeless, or lost. I feel pretty good right now.

Don't get me wrong, I am still looking at my options regarding the depression. Just because I have a good day doesn't mean the matter is settled, or that I'm "over it". Obviously I'm not. I've had it for a long time and I have my good days, and my bad ones.

Today was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment