June 27, 2010

Pain

My fibromyalgia is kicking my tail. Around noon today all of sudden the base of my skull and neck were throbbing with pain. If I tried to move my head forward at all it would get worse. So I've been trying to spend most of the day with my head tilted slightly up.

Then for a little while it got better. I had taken a long hot bath, put a heat wrap on it, and popped as much Tylenol as my stomach could handle. Ibuprofen really upsets my stomach, so I am staying away from it if I can. The last thing I want is to be in pain and throwing up.

Even though it was feeling better, I was taking it easy. Master knew I was in a lot of pain so He's been allowing me to relax and rest most of the day.

Then it came time for me to take my actual shower and get clean, shave, etc. So I hopped in and it felt so good. The hot water on my neck was very relaxing. Then I started to wash my hair. I was letting the shampoo/conditioner sit in my hair for a little while and started to shave. I can multi-task. I'm a big girl.

Yeah, my neck apparently felt that I was getting cocky. As I reached down to start shaving my legs, the pain shot up my neck into my head. So I slowly lifted my head and placed the razor down. I started rinsing my hair, again trying to take it slow. The pain was still throbbing in my head. I just thought that I would finish rinsing my hair and get out, and explain to Master why I didn't finish shaving afterward. When it comes to my health, He has always understood.

So, as I'm trying to rinse my hair the pain shoots up my neck again, and it doesn't stop. It's like this fucked up pulse of pain just going up from the side of my neck, around to the back, feeding itself into my skull.

Suddenly I can't see straight. Everything is fuzzy. I felt tears streaming down my face. I wasn't calm anymore. I shut off the water and knelt down in the tub, crying and making "I'm in pain!" noises.

I didn't even think to cry out to Master. I couldn't think at all. I was focusing to much on not falling face first into the water that was still in the tub while my eyes were closed and my equilibrium was totally fucked.

Apparently I didn't need to. Next thing I know Master is sitting on the toilet next to the bathtub, has the shower curtain pulled back and is asking me what happened. He's really good at keeping His voice calm. I find that helpful.

I explain what happened and He starts rubbing my neck, gently. I told Him that I hadn't finished rinsing my hair. Of all things for me to be concerned about.

He tells me to turn around. I'm sitting down in the tub at this point. So I do, and I'm keeping my eyes closed for the most part. He finished rinsing my hair and then tells me to sit there with the hot water running over me until I feel a little bit better.

He then shuts the shower curtain again and I start breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth.

Eventually the pain subsides to the point that I can see straight again and I get out of the tub.

I joined Master in the living room and am now dealing with a general dull throbbing pain with small, sharp, bursts in between every now and then.

I'm just hoping that this gets better by tomorrow morning. There is no way I can make it through an 8+ hour work day like this, but I also can't afford the time off of work. I'm still afraid to move my head a lot, so I'm pretty much keeping it still so I don't aggravate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment