April 10, 2013

Dirty Laundry

I know that I use this blog to put out my thoughts and feelings. I know that I show both sides of our relationship here. The good and the bad. And I use the term bad very lightly. I just don't know what other word to use. The disagreements, things of that nature.

But here, there is a level of feeling anonymous. Perhaps it's because I don't use our names. Maybe it's because that is the entire reason this blog exists. It is here so that I can write down whatever the hell I want to or need to. I know it doesn't always seem like that because some of my posts are so damn mundane. But because there isn't a lot going on, there isn't a lot to post about.

But sometimes, it worries me when people air their dirty laundry publicly. It only worries me when it is very direct and very publicly. We are on a social networking site. Our families are also on there. And for the longest time my brother-in-law and his wife would literally fight on that site. I don't just mean a little tiff. I mean like name calling and just all sorts of bad shit. Shit that should stay behind closed doors basically. I mean yes, I vent here but I don't call Master horrible names or anything along those lines.

I guess my father-in-law had a talk with them about it and it had stopped for a while.

Then I saw something today that wasn't pleasant.

My brother-in-law had posted something very sweet actually. It had to do with putting work into a relationship to keep it happy and healthy. It wasn't something he wrote personally, it was something he found and posted.

I thought it came across as very sweet. A never give up we are here for one another type thing.

But then his wife asked what he was trying to imply and it went downhill from there. He again came across as very sweet saying something along the lines of quitting is not an option and that working together is a good thing. Her response was.. not sweet. Not sweet at all. She implied that she was the only one doing anything to work on the relationship and due to that there wasn't a point in continuing to do so.

It upsets me. It worries me. I really like His brother and I like his wife as well. She is currently pregnant with their third child.

I guess what confuses me is that they can seem so in love with one another and then it's as if all hell breaks loose. And to be perfectly honest it always seems to be my brother-in-law's wife that starts the bad mouthing, at least online. She makes it seem like it's all or nothing with her. If she's happy it's fine. If she has a bad day she makes it seem as if she's threatening divorce.

Even when I wasn't medicated and I had some really, really bad days I never once thought about leaving Master or filing for divorce. The words never even passed my mind, let alone my lips or my fingers tips.

They always work it out. But I guess it seems worse from the outside looking in. But maybe, just maybe, if they didn't do this all on the social networking site it wouldn't seem as bad as it does when we read it. She gets pissed off and the first thing she does is grab her phone and starts bitching out her husband.

I haven't known them long enough to talk to them about this. Well, we've known them for a few years now. But I still do not feel comfortable about it as we don't spend a ton of time together. It's mainly family functions. Maybe my father-in-law will say something again. Or maybe they'll have a talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment