April 13, 2013

Doesn't Feel Like Home

I had mentioned in my last post that on the way home from my dad's, Master and I had basically just talked about random things. Well, one of the things that Master said last night has been stuck in my head.

We had been discussing wanting to move to His home town. One of the things that He said was something along the lines of we shouldn't really worry about it until we have the money to actually start looking for a place. I got what He was saying, but my reply was, "I think about it a lot."

His response: "Me too. I just want to go home."

And that sums it up right there. Since we landed on the decision to move to His hometown as soon as we had the money up, where we are now hasn't felt like home to me. I mean, we live here, obviously. But it's not where we want to be. And so, it doesn't feel like home anymore.

It's nice because it's familiar. I've lived here for about eight years now, give or take a few months. So I know how to get everywhere. I know the short cuts. All the little stuff, ya know? But it just doesn't feel right any longer.

The part that sucks the most is that I know that it's going to take quite a bit of time and patience before we can move. We have to save up the money first. That in and of itself is going to take time. Then we have to start hunting for a new place to live. After that we have to give a sixty day notice to where we are now. Then, finally, we'll be moved.

With any luck once the money is saved up the rest of it will be a piece of cake. Doubtful, but I can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment