April 11, 2013

Mini Vacation Of Doing Nothing

As of noon tomorrow I will officially begin my five and a half day break from work. It is the longest break I've had in a little over four years. The longest break I've ever had from a job is one full week off and that was at my previous job. I had played with the idea of taking off this upcoming week off, but Master felt it would be a bad idea as it would burn most of my vacation days and I will maybe, hopefully, need to save some of those in case I have a job interview that I can't just leave work early for.

So I only took off Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to it for several reasons.

In no particular order those reasons are:
  • Spend more time with Master. We plan on going out to dinner, just the two of us.
  • Getting to sleep in for five whole days.
  • Reading books.
I just recently started reading for pleasure again in quite some time. Mostly due to the fact that I had read the books in the house so many times that I just really didn't feel like reading them again. I'm very picky about what I read so just waltzing into a book store and picking up a new book kind of turns me off of reading even more. Weird, I know.

Once I'm done re-reading the book I'm reading currently, I think I'll go back to the book I only read once. I've only read it once because I bought it around Christmas time and that wasn't all that long ago. I try to give it some time in between so I don't get sick of the book too quickly and then never want to pick it up again.

We don't have a lot of plans for the time I have scheduled off of work. Tomorrow I have to get the car an oil change. After that we'll be going down to visit my dad for a while. Monday I'll be going down to visit with my mom and my brother.

Aside from that, all we have planned is to go out to dinner. We aren't sure what day but we know where we want to go. We want to go to the restaurant where we had our first date. We don't go there as often as we would like because it's in Master's home town and just going out to dinner somewhere closer to home just makes sense.

2 comments:

  1. I'm from Norway, and reading your first paragraph in this post made me realise the huge differences in our countries and how lucky I am.

    Here most people will take three weeks off in a row every summer, and have four or five weeks holiday in total. Taking time off to do an interview would not be a problem (I've done that myself a lot lately as I've also been looking for another job). All I would do would be to work overtime a couple of hours every week to make up for the time I was away.

    This might be a bit off-topic to your post and blog, but sometimes it's just an eye-opener to see the differences in culture and lifestyles. Makes you gain a bit of perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had that much time to take off. *laughs* I get ten vacation days a year and six days worth of "personal time". I can only use vacation days to take the whole day off and the personal time I can use to leave early, come in late, or take a whole day off... but it's unpaid.

    And if I go over that time I can be written up. After two warnings of going over the allotted time will lead to being fired.

    Good luck in your job hunt!

    ReplyDelete