April 28, 2013

Dream Cars

I love cars. Older cars mainly. Don't get me wrong, I love our PT Cruiser. I really do. But one of the things that drew me to that car is the fact that it reminds me of some older cars as far as the body style goes.

My love of cars I have to blame/thank my father for. He took me to more car shows when I was growing up than I can remember. He's been doing that since I was about two years old. He's taken me with when he has bought cars. He helped me out when I went to look at my first car. That was another car I loved.

She was a silver 1988 Oldsmobile Toronado. I would still have that car today if I had the money to fix her at the time. But I didn't. So she had to go to the car graveyard. She just had too many problems and I was only 18 or 19 when she died on me. I simply didn't have that money.

Part of what sparked this in my mind is the fact that my dad is buying a hearse in a couple of weeks. I begged him to let me drive her when he gets her back here. He looked hesitant, only because she's going to be his new toy.

He let me drive his last hearse when I still had my learner's permit, so I know he'll let me drive the new one. Even if it takes him a while to agree to it. I shall win!

The other part is because Master and I found a car dealership type show. It's called South Beach Classics. It has so many beautiful cars on it. Master and I keep pointing out the ones we would love to own. They are cherry, plain and simple. If I could afford to own a cherry older car I would go out and buy one tomorrow. 

Like I said I love our PT, but my dream is to one day own an older car. How old? Late 70's at it's youngest. I love Monte Carlo, Roadrunner, GTO, Impala... almost any American made muscle car. I would love a jacked up, cherry, muscle car. Master says I would kill myself in it. I'd be fine! Honest!

Master loves Corvettes. I don't mind them but if I could get a classic muscle car like the ones I listed above, I'd be much happier.

2 comments:

  1. My first Old Car was a '57 Golden Hawk, then a '56 Packard. Yep now I have a PT Cruiser also!
    Check my blog: http://2013toserve.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete