April 6, 2013

Migraine

Sometimes I really, really hate living in an apartment complex. Today is one of those days. Master and I had both slept in, which was nice. But we were woken up by very loud noises coming from the basement.

Well, at first we weren't sure where the hell they were coming from since the acoustics in this place is fucked up. But after listening for few moments we finally decided that yes, they were in fact coming from the basement. And there were people speaking very loudly. There was a lot of banging and the sound of a vacuum cleaner. The entire basement is nothing but a concrete floor so why the hell is there a vacuum going? It didn't take very long for Master to get dressed and go down stairs to find out what the hell was going on.

He was down there for a few moments and apparently the landlord had hired people to clean the basement. On a Saturday. Early in the morning. What the fuck? You would think that they would schedule something like that for during the work week so people wouldn't be home and have to hear all that noise.

Master took His shower and we tried to relax but the noise just got louder. Both of our heads were pounding. This time I went down stairs. I wasn't a bitch or anything along those lines. I simply wanted to ask when they thought they would be done. When Master went down there it looked like they were just cleaning around the washers and dryers as well as the storage units. It shouldn't take as long as it was taking.

There was only one woman down there when I went down. As soon as she saw me she apologized about all the noise. I told her I knew she was only doing her job and that I had just come down to ask whether or not she knew when she would be done.

Apparently she was hired to clean the entire basement, top to bottom. Which was why the noise would get louder from time to time because she would be putting the wet/dry vacuum cleaner's hose along the ceiling of the basement. She said she wasn't sure when she would be done but that she was almost done with our side of the basement and would be moving down soon.

She also asked if I had any band-aids. She had apparently cut her finger while cleaning and she didn't want to get bleach in it if at all possible as she continued to clean. I ran upstairs and grabbed a couple for her. She was really very nice and I made sure to tell her that I wasn't trying to make her job harder and she said she understood why I had come down to ask. She also told me she isn't sure why the landlord had chosen a Saturday. Apparently she had the same ling of thought that I did.

Thankfully about a half hour after I came back up she had moved down and we couldn't really hear it anymore. But all that noise had done it's damage. A migraine had built up to the point where Master closed the blinds so that there wouldn't be as much light coming in and then working on the base of my neck and my temples.

It wasn't until about two hours ago that it finally went away fully. At least this time I didn't have to go into the bedroom with the door shut and two wet and warm washcloths. One on my forehead and one on the back of my neck. When they get really bad that's the only thing that will even take the edge off. Also, with migraines I worry about my neck locking in one position as it has a tendency to do that. If that had happened I would have spent the evening at a walk-in clinic or the ER so that I could get a very strong muscle relaxer. I'm glad I avoided that.

No comments:

Post a Comment