April 1, 2013

Another Monday Down

My anxiety levels were a bit high today. I was extremely busy at work, which I pretty much expected. But it was also one of those things where I was trying to do all of my work, well as much as I could, and it was one thing after another of shit that people wanted me to do before I continued playing catch up, setting me further and further behind. So tomorrow will be more catch up. Hooray.

Due to my higher anxiety levels I was a bit irritable as well, which didn't help matters. So I sent a message to Master before I left work letting Him know that I would need a big hug when I got home. It sounds so silly, but even at 30 a nice big hug can make me feel a lot better.

And I was right. As soon as I walked in the door Master gave me a big hug and held me a little bit. I instantly felt better. I felt like I could breathe a little easier too.

We had to go back to the pet store tonight. The leash we had bought for the pup this past weekend wasn't as well put together as we like. I mean, it wasn't a piece of shit or anything but it just wasn't as sturdy. We have an 80lbs dog, I want to be able to feel the weight of the leash.

So the three of us (Master, the mutt, and myself) went over to the pet store. They let us return it and we ended up getting him a new chain collar. He still has his normal collar which holds his tags, but he walks a lot better with a chain collar. Now we'll only be using his harness for when he's tied up outside on the porch. Another upside is that we got some money back since the chain collar was cheaper than the leash.

Now it's just some nice down time. I feel better now than I did about four hours ago. I know that tomorrow isn't going to be any better as I didn't make as big of a dent today as I had hoped I would.

But no need to focus on that right now. I'm just going to focus on relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment