April 19, 2013

Back In The Day

I tried reading the FetLife boards a little bit today. I say try, because it wasn't all that interesting. Either the subject had been covered a million or so times, it was done in third person, or it was a one true way type post. As I was going through them and I was trying to think of what to post, this all popped into my head and why it would make sense for a good blog post.

Master and I have been on this path of ours for almost as long as we've been together. We've been together ten years now, so I'll say we started this path a little over nine and a half years. It's been a long, but exciting road.

While I was going through the threads I realized that some of the things that I was being annoyed by, we actually used to do. *gasp* It was one of those, "Holy shit... did we actually do that?" And not in a good way. But it was was a stepping stone as we were trying to figure out where we wanted to go and how we wanted to get there.

A good example would be the whole third person. This girl. This slave. You know what I'm talking about. Yes, Master had a rule where I absolutely had to type in third person. He didn't normally have me do it verbally, but for some reason doing it while I was posting on threads and what not was a requirement. I thought it was a good idea at the time as well, and actually enjoyed doing it. It made me think and made me focus while I was typing. It was more an exercise in helping cement my submission to Him. We weren't living together so at the time it seemed like a very handy reminder. I obviously don't need such a reminder anymore.

And I'm not saying other people shouldn't be doing that. If that's what they want to do, good for them. That's awesome. But I honestly can't really read it anymore without being annoyed by it. I wonder if people felt that way when they read what I was writing back then.

Then again I still do the capitalization on any word referring to Master. (Master. He. Him.) I know for a fact some people can't stand reading that. Hell, some of them even find it offensive stating that the only time it should be capitalized in such a way is when referring to God. Well..... too bad? *laughs* It helps not being Christian or Catholic. I don't see it as a religious reference basically.

I still do it because He still wants me to. He sees it as a sign of respect in a way. I can see and understand that.

That one true way thing... when we first started dipping our toes in we were basically willing to read and try anything that even remotely made sense to us. It was the only way we would find what works for us and what doesn't. And we didn't want to miss out on anything that we may enjoy. It was our first power exchange relationship. I had never submitted to anyone before. Actually, if you knew me in person and didn't know about our dynamic you wouldn't believe for a moment that I had a submissive side to my personality. He never had a submissive or slave either. I'm His first and last. *grins*

But, if you knew Master in person... you could totally sense that He has a dominant personality. He is the typical Alpha male. No doubt about it.

But back to the one true way thing. We were never along the lines of there was only one way of doing things. We just wanted to try everything that sounded interesting. I will admit I used to worry about whether or not I was doing this whole slave gig correctly.

But eventually I discovered/realized that as long as He is pleased, I'm doing it correctly. After all, that's the whole damn point. I think a lot of people forget about that. It's what about makes you and your partner happy. It's not about what people online or in a dungeon think.

No comments:

Post a Comment