April 29, 2013

Power Saving Mode

I fucking hate Mondays. Especially Mondays where I just got off an extended, unintentional, break from work. It seems that a lot happened those three days I was gone though.

Two of the coworkers in my department were fired. Both of them were fired on the same day, a half hour apart. Basically they called one girl in, told her, and then stood by her desk while she packed up her things. I can't imagine anything more embarrassing. Not only are you trying to keep your emotions under wraps, but now the place you've worked at for years wants to make sure you leave the premises without doing anything stupid so they stand there and hover over you while you pack up your personal belongings. I understand why they do it. Disgruntled employees and all that. But still, it has to be highly embarrassing.

And I guess as soon as she was out the door and the HR lady got back into her office she called the second girl in. She must have known what was coming if she just saw another woman get fired and then HR calls her into the office immediately after.

And you know the shit thing of it is? When an employer is going to fire you it isn't some split second decision. They know ahead of time. At our job you have to turn in your desk key and your key fob for the doors when you quit or are fired. Plus, they want you to get your stuff out. So I understand needing the person to be there when you fire them. It's not as easy as a phone call. But, rather than telling them the afternoon before, they waited until 9:30am the next morning. So now, not only are they unemployed but they just wasted a shit ton of gas (they both live over 45 minutes away) to come into work only to be fired and sent out the door after only an hour and a half of being clocked in.

I would have been livid. I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it, obviously, but I still would have been livid. Gas isn't fucking cheap and now you're telling me that I wasted how much of it for you to tell me that I will no longer be receiving a paycheck? Well fuck you too.

So, now I'm catching up on my work and since we are now down two people I'm working on some of their stuff too.

Needless to say it's been a very hectic day. I'm sore, I'm tired, and my brain is pretty much shut down to only necessary functions right now. It's on power saving mode. Tomorrow isn't going to be any better. And the passenger in my carpool kinda ticked me off. When I told him that I'll be heading out early again tomorrow to get to work about a half hour to forty-five minutes early he sounded annoyed about it. Oh fucking well. If I need to do overtime during the week by clocking in early I'm going to do it, whether you want to catch a ride with me or not. I'm sure in the hell not going to work on Saturday if I could have just as easily just gotten to work early every day all week. That just doesn't make sense. It's a waste of gas.

I understand he is slow on his work flow, but I'm not. And I'm the one driving. I use to be dropped off at work four fucking hours early just so I could get a ride to work from our friend BC. I started at noon and he started at 8am. So don't fucking gripe at me because you have to go to work a half hour early.

Yeah. I'm in a mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment