October 1, 2012

Under The Gun

We've been watching LA Ink on Netflix a lot lately. We just got another full season released for streaming so that's why we've been watching it. The only bad thing about watching that show is that it makes me want to get under that tattoo gun really, really badly.

Master still has a tattoo that needs to be fixed. And I promised Him that His would get fixed before I got my 13th one. My goal is to hit 13 and then stop. Hopefully I can stick to that and then just go back and touch up some of my older tattoos that I got before I knew what proper tattoo care was. They aren't seriously fucked up but I want them touched up. That will happen after number 13.

Ideally we would get it done at the same time, but I don't know how feasible that is financially. Especially since I don't know how much that would cost. I know I could just walk into the parlor that I normally go to and ask for a quote but as soon as I walk into a tattoo parlor I get that itch and sometimes I'll get upset because I know I can't get it right then and there. I know, patience is not in my vocabulary as soon as I walk into a tattoo shop. Hell, it's barely there just talking about what tattoo I want to get next. Yes, I know, I'm horrible. *laughs*

I know exactly what I want and where I am going to get it. I've had my eye on this really beautiful and romantic looking skull and rose design. I want it not only because it's goregouse but also because it reminds me of my favorite Edgar Allan Poe poem. I was originally thinking about putting a line of the poem in there as well but have decided that it would look better without it. Plus, I'll know what it means and it'll be an interesting story to tell if anyone asks.

It is going to be in the most visible place I've ever had a tattoo. Right now I can hide every single one of my tattoos simply by wearing pants and a short sleeve shirt. But my 13th I want on the inside of my right forearm. This means that I won't be able to hide it without long sleeve shirts. I had been playing with the idea of a wrist tattoo but couldn't think of anything that I would really love, and trust me I looked and thought about it a lot. And I had been wanting this particular skull and rose design for a long time, I just couldn't think of a place to put it.

So I figured, fuck it, it'll be my 13th tattoo and I might as well pick a spot that is harder to cover up. I'll wear long sleeve shirts to work in the middle of summer if I have to. I don't care! I don't want it in color. I want it in black and gray.

So while I was talking to Master I thought of just sending an e-mail to the tattoo parlor to get a ballpark price quote that way so I don't torture myself and I can start saving up for it.

I want to save up enough so that we can get both done at the same time. The only problem is that my brother wants to come up for a weekend next month and wants Master and I to get ink with him. Um, yeah. That's highly unlikely at this point. But who knows. Maybe I can pull something off, at least so Master can get His arm tattoo touched up. I just got a tattoo earlier this year, so it's His turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment