October 5, 2012

Visit From My Baby Brother

I have one brother, my baby brother. It's actually kind of funny that I'm the eldest. I'm shorter than him and I look younger than him, oddly enough. It doesn't help that we don't look a lot alike. We've been hanging out and about before and people don't even consider the fact that we're related. We have the same mom and dad, so it's kind of weird. *shrugs*

Anyway, he'll be coming up early in November. He wants to stay Friday and Saturday and then go home sometime late morning on that Sunday. Unfortunately the only weekend he could do it is one of the weeks where I work the entire Friday. So I told him that if we do it that way I won't be getting down to him until about 7pm and we'd be getting back to my place around 8pm.

Normally I pick him up and drop him back off to help save him on gas money. But he wants to drive up this time, which is fine. That way he can get here and be here either by the time I get home from work or shortly there after. If he gets here a little early, no biggie.

So it's all set in stone! My brother pisses me the hell off sometimes but I'm honestly really protective of him. And now that we're older we get along a hell of a lot better. We use to be at each others throats when we were growing up and until about the time I turned 19 or 20 we started getting along pretty well.

It's even better now because we're both older and while we still act like brother and sister we can also chill and hang out rather than always having to annoy the hell out of one another.

It's a good thing that Master gets along with my brother so well. Not only because it makes my life easier but also because my brother adores my Husband. He looks up to Him and loves the fact that he has a brother-in-law. (He always wanted a brother...)

So if my brother comes up and stays the night or something and I want to go to bed but the men folk don't want to, I don't have to worry about them pissing each other off. They can sit and watch a movie or play video games together and act like good friends. Also? I don't have to worry about Master bitching up a storm that my brother is there. *laughs*

2 comments:

  1. Are you out to your brother? How do you handle it when family is around?

    I ask because I'm in a similar situation...I'm a bit uncomfortable "pretending" to be "normal" but the thought of dealing with the reaction and the family gossip mill is more than I want to deal with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother doesn't know, no. At least I don't think he does. I've never discussed this lifestyle with any of my family members. There really is no need for them to know.

    I don't really pretend to be "normal" when they are around, I just cut that all way back.

    ReplyDelete