October 16, 2012

Writing Fiction

Every once and a while I get an urge to write. I don't mean my blog posts. I mean actually sitting down and writing something. I use to write small poems. I never have an urge to write those anymore.

I also use to sit down and try to write stories. I wouldn't call them full on books, but that is something I would love to do. I've always wanted to write a book and have it published. I don't even care if it becomes popular or makes a lot of money. I just want something that was published and has my name on it.

I know I can't make a living on it. But just to hold a book that I wrote, that was published, that has my name listed as author. That would be so.... amazing. Simply amazing.

I've tried to sit down and write a book before. I'd get so far and then I'd hit writer's block and take a step back. Before you know it the next time I try to sit down and continue writing too much time had gone by. Life got in the way. And by that time I would have completely forgotten where the hell I was trying to go with it.

I've recently came upon an idea for a book that I would like to write. It's just an idea. Well, a subject matter really. It would still be fiction, obviously. But I have a main character in mind and half a clue as to where I would take it.

The problem is finding the time to do it. And not just the time to sit down and write the book but to actually do the research on it as well. I told Master about it and He told me that maybe if I just sit down for a little bit each night and then work on it more on the weekends I could get somewhere with it.

I would like to think so but when I stop and think about all the shit that is coming up in the next few months I tend to worry that I wouldn't have time at all and then it would end up like everything else I've started to write. I'm afraid I would end up scrapping it.

On the other hand, I don't know if I don't try. So maybe I will try it. It may never be finished and even if it is it may never be published but at least I could say I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment