October 28, 2012

This Is Halloween

Yesterday was Trick or Treat at my dad's house. We got down there about 2:30pm even though Trick or Treat didn't start until 6pm. We had offered to come down early to help and I'm really glad we did. If we hadn't it wouldn't have all gotten done on time. Why? Well, when my father has a lot to do a few things happen. First he gets hurried to the point that he's torn on what to do and gets irritated. Then he'll sit down for a minute to get himself collected and then procrastinate. For instance yesterday we got a lot of shit done and my dad needed to sit down not only to calm down but because of his back. He said we would start back up at 4pm. Well 4pm comes around and I had to remind him to get going again. *laughs* A 29 year old daughter talking to her 51 year old dad saying, "Dad, we have to get started again. Remember you said 4pm? Yeah. Come on."

Like a parent talking to a teenager that gets distracted. It's amusing in a way. Anyway, we continued knocking things out. While Master and my dad were setting things up outside I went ahead and did my own make-up. It was pretty cool actually. All I needed was black lipstick and a black felt tip eyeliner pen. Throw on the lipstick, do normal eyeliner around the eyes and then draw squiggles down my face to make it look like black tears were streaming down my face. It may sound stupid but it turned out looking pretty bad ass. I waited until after the pumpkin was carved and everything was set up before putting on my actual costume. My dad put on his costume and make-up about 15 minutes before Trick or Treat started. Like I said, he procrastinates. But thankfully Master and I were able to get all the small stuff done while he was doing that.

But it went off without a hitch. Master didn't have a costume this year unfortunately but my dad was really glad He was there, as was I. We got a lot of huge groups all at one time. It was like a revolving door. My dad had decorated his living room, dining room and kitchen as a haunted house. So once they were done walking through they got a piece of candy. Of course, if the kids were too scared to walk through he gave them a piece of candy anyway. But he got a lot of compliments on the decorating and his costume. (He was a zombie this year.) Finally 8pm came around. I got changed but decided to wash off my make-up when I got home. Dad got changed and washed up and we all sat down in his living room for a breather. He looked so happy. Master and I had a great time too.

We got home at about 9:30pm. We didn't want to stay too late at my dad's. It was about 8:30pm by the time we rolled out of there. Master and I were sore and a bit tired from all of the work. My dad looked sore and tired but extremely pleased. That put a smile on my face. It's great though that three people who's favorite holiday is Halloween got to celebrate it together like that, especially since we're family.

No comments:

Post a Comment